Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What ticket for having beer on way home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
    Could you be cited for violation of open container if you had a bottle in the locked glovebox or behind the back seat with a hose attached like a straw to drink from it?
    yes because now the "container" is the hose, and there was alcohol in it.

Honestly one of the worst convictions of this law happened to a friend in college. He tried to fight it in court, but lost. Basically he got pulled over coming back from the beach, and had 10-12 "empty" beer cans in a bag in his backseat that he cleaned up from where we were all hanging out. He got pulled over, the cop saw the bag, and wrote him an open container ticket for it, and followed him to the next gas station and watched him throw the 'trash" away.

Comment

Originally posted by forbes View Post
      open container.... with a dick cop you could go to jail. or you can be smart and get good at screwing the lids back on bottles. that way if you get pulled over, it is still a sealed conatiner (just like transporting an open bottle of wine with a cork in it. as long as it's sealed, your good.... now the DWI part... different story
      A re-corked bottle of wine is considered an open container, the seal has been broken. It's no different than having a bottle of liquor that has had the top screwed off, put it in the trunk if you don't want a ticket.

Comment

Big Matt. Attorney at law. I'm siding with his posts here.
        Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
          Big Matt. Attorney at law. I'm siding with his posts here.
          As much booze as I've consumed, you familiarize yourself with the laws that relate to you

Comment

This law is one of my favorites when it comes to nanny state horseshit.
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Originally posted by racrguy
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I used to drink in the car all the time, and got pulled over a few times without a word being said. Hell, I wasn't wearing a seatbelt, either. Damn, I miss the '80's.

Comment

if you drink real beer and pop the cap with a lighter or a knife, you can pop it right back on
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                  I used to drink in the car all the time, and got pulled over a few times without a word being said. Hell, I wasn't wearing a seatbelt, either. Damn, I miss the '80's.
                  Those were both legal in the 80's!

BTW, I didn't know the open container law went in effect in 01. I had already been here more than a year and never took advantage of that.

Comment

Originally posted by 78X View Post
                    My buddy's dad always would crack a beer open every day after he picked us up after working growing up on the way home. He would have 2-3 by the time we hit the neighborhood. He couldn't get a dwi, but what could he have gotten?(ticket wise)
                    Sounds like open container is one one issue he would have to face. DUI or poss. DWI will hit. An open container would just be an invitation to do a DWI stop.

Comment

If it's opened, trunk or behind last seat. That means if you drive a single cab truck, just swig you jack, cork it and put it behind you.

Drunk driving kills, m'kay.

Comment

I got a open container ticket in 03. After work i stop off at Texaco and grabbed a Miller Light tall boy. Where i come from in West Texas every gas station has a cooler right by the register full of tall boys. Everybody knows what those are for, the ride home. Anyhow i only got a few miles down the road before i got pulled over. I didn't try to hide it, cop just made me poor it out. Gave me a ticket for open container and it cost me $230.
                        You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                          Even opened cases of beer with beers missing is considered "open container"
                          LMAO!

That's a first!

What a BROAD interpretation of that statute!!! hahahahahahaahahahahah!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                            why couldnt he get a DWI?
                            Cuz he wasn't intoxicated, it was just 2 beers

Comment

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
                              I got a open container ticket in 03. After work i stop off at Texaco and grabbed a Miller Light tall boy. Where i come from in West Texas every gas station has a cooler right by the register full of tall boys. Everybody knows what those are for, the ride home. Anyhow i only got a few miles down the road before i got pulled over. I didn't try to hide it, cop just made me poor it out. Gave me a ticket for open container and it cost me $230.
                              Is that a misdemeanor?

Comment

Originally posted by 78X View Post
                                Cuz he wasn't intoxicated, it was just 2 beers
                                his only two beers of the day?

4-5 beers in an hour would put an average sized male close to .08 BAC

Comment

Working...
                                X