Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any true zero closing cost FHA refinance options out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any true zero closing cost FHA refinance options out there?

I always get junk mail about zero closing cost FHA refinancing but haven't followed up on it as I always took it as BS. No one is going to do this shit for free. I know we have some bankers on the board so is there truly a way to refinance an FHA loan with little or no closing costs?

There's always a cost. Your current servicer may offer a no cost option but you're not going to get the best rate available. If you get the best rate you're going to have to pay closing costs. You could roll them into the loan so there's no cost out of pocket, but you're increasing the principal balance so your payment is slightly higher.

Comment

I did mine with Texaslending.com

It was all donewith phone calls and on line and I closed a my kitchen table. It was a very simple process and as cheap as anyone I shopped around with.

6-25-10 RIP Chloe Rene Daddy loves you always

78 Suburban (slammed with LS in future)
      54 Olds 88 2dr HT
      12 Camaro SS convertible

Comment

I did a FHA loan about 6 years ago through my builder. It wasn't truely a zero cost...I had to put $1000 down as deposit but I received back a check for $998.50 when I closed. I got a decent rate too, 4.375%.
        01 red GT - 745whp/780wtq Whippled 4V and built 4R75W

Comment

Is there any loans where I won't have to pay pmi? Buying a second home and only have ~13% down.

Sent from my iPhone killer!
          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
            Is there any loans where I won't have to pay pmi? Buying a second home and only have ~13% down.

Not with 13% down but FHA PMIs are a whole lot cheaper than conventional. Mine went from $122 a month to $39.

Comment

Just because you didn't pay costs outright doesn't mean they weren't rolled into the price of the home or the rate. Those were very common tricks a few years ago to get people in the door.
              Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post

You can do a 2nd lien, but without 20% down you will have to have either mortgage insurance or a 2nd lien on a conventional loan.
              Originally posted by BP View Post
              Not with 13% down but FHA PMIs are a whole lot cheaper than conventional. Mine went from $122 a month to $39.
              Not any more. Conventional MI is around 0.68%/month on a 5% down transaction, while FHA is now 1.15%/month (up from 0.9% and 0.55% before that all in the last year) on a 30 year note. A 15 year is slightly better (.5 vs. .62), but you still pay 1% upfront on FHA, so depending on how long you plan to be in the house it may still be better to conventional. Also, HUD does not allow FHA financing on 2nd homes.

Comment

Working...
              X