Airport security ? Not so much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airport security ? Not so much

A Nigerian man flew from New York to Los Angeles using an expired boarding pass that belonged to someone else, media outlets reported Thursday morning. Olajide Oluwaseun Noibi reportedly boarded Virgin American Flight 415 at New York's JFK International Airport bound for Los Angeles on Friday.

At this time, investigators are suggesting that Noibi is a tourist rather than a terrorist. Noibi apparently went through and cleared the physical screening process, but no one caught the invalid travel documents.

It wasn't until after the flight took off that attendants realized an extra passenger was on board, officials said. During the flight, crew members asked Noibi for his boarding pass and, after hesitating, he handed over a boarding pass from the day before, KTLA quotes FBI officials as confirming. That boarding pass had another person's name on it.

Noibi allegedly told the crew that the pass was outdated because he had missed that flight a day earlier.

The man whose name was on the boarding pass later told FBI officials that the document had disappeared from his back pocket when he arrived at JFK International Airport on June 23.

On arrival in Los Angeles, Noibi left the airport without being detained.

He was arrested after he returned to LAX on Wednesday and attempted to board a Delta flight bound for Atlanta, again using an expired boarding pass, FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller told KTLA.

Noibi allegedly told authorities he was traveling to Los Angeles to recruit people for his software business.

A search of Noibi's bags at LAX turned up more than 10 boarding passes with various individuals' names, none of which were his own, FBI officials said.

Noibi is being held at the Los Angeles County Men's Detention Center, according to reports.

ALSO:

One of my coworkers got on the wrong flight the other day, the wrong plane. No one said anything until got up and got off the plane.
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

No, they only scrutinize 78 year old white grandmothers of course.

Comment

Well isn't that comforting
        99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
        going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
          One of my coworkers got on the wrong flight the other day, the wrong plane. No one said anything until got up and got off the plane.
          We use to send people to the wrong place all the time.
          SAT and DEN look nothing alike.

Comment

What they hell are they scanning when the take my boarding pass when I'm boarding the plane??

Comment

I got on a plane the other day with no ID...it's not hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Hatton View Post
                What they hell are they scanning when the take my boarding pass when I'm boarding the plane??
                That was my first thought as well. Not to mention that you have to have a boarding pass and ID to even get to go through the security check point, I guess maybe he had a forged boarding pass, or an old one from a flight that he actually purchased.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                  I got on a plane the other day with no ID...it's not hard.
                  How so? They don't even talk to me unless I have my license or passport out.
                  Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                  Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                    How so? They don't even talk to me unless I have my license or passport out.
                    Tell them you lost it. They will search the shut out of you and your stuff but it works. Quick questioning and you're good.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Hatton View Post
                      Who knows really, seeing as theres about 14 different combinations of tickets you can present to them. Hell a Krogers coupon would probably scan.

Comment

Tell them you lost it. They will search the shut out of you and your stuff but it works. Quick questioning and you're good.
                        I had to get a police report after losing my license. I went to police station in daytona beach, the officer checked a few boxes, signed the bottom of it, then told me to fill out the info on my own

So used my sam's card and police report to get back on the plane going home, had my bags searched and off I went

License ended up being in a hidden compartment in my wallet the whole trip

Comment

I am not doubting it, it just seems very strange. I had a coworker that wasn't allowed on the plane (or even able to retrieve a boarding pass) because his first, middle, and last name were switched around.

Ie His middle name is Bob but his first name was Jason but on his boarding pass it showed Bob (Last Name)
                          Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                          Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Yup, buddy lost his wallet in Vegas while we were there and it was no big deal to fly back without ID.

Comment

I'm going to go buy a ticket for a flight to Austin and then get on a plane going to Honolulu. Talk about a cheap way to get to Hawaii!
                              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X