No announcement yet.

Wife wants a Challenger. Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As an SRT-8 owner, I will say that it's been a good car, just very expensive to maintain and use. The only problem we have had with our Magnum SRT8 is that the electric fans went out and the whole assembly had to be replaced. Which in itself is a problem, because it seems no one stocks parts for SRT8's. They all have to be ordered and are very expensive. I have yet to go to ANY Dodge dealership and get good service, sometimes just outright lied to and our car used for a joyride machine.

Gas mileage isn't the greatest in town, about 14mpg. On the highway it's as good as 25mpg as long as you keep your foot out of the injectors.

The power is great, very smooth ride, it has all the bells and whistles , NAV, leather/suede heated seats, moonroof, full Kicker stereo system including subwoofer, chrome 20's.

All in all, it's been a good car, just very expensive. I've mostly enjoyed the time we have owned it, but I will never buy another Dodge product again.

Once I sell the Cobra, the SRT8 is next on the to be sold list. It will be replaced with either an Audi or BMW M5 or even possibly a CTS-V.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Once I sell the Cobra
      Details on this...

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
        Details on this...
        I guess you missed his classifieds add yesterday?

It does look like a nice car.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          I guess you missed his classifieds add yesterday?

It does look like a nice car.
          Was that his red one with the Termi motor in it, and the chrome 04's?

Comment

I believe so.

Comment

I want some details on that thing. I want a fun car, that sounds like a lot of fun to me.

Comment

The only one I would consider is an SRT8. Yes it is overpriced, but the R/T is too and it's a gutless turd. Resale on Challengers seems to be incredible. The asking price on used Challengers with 15k on them is higher than the deals I've been offered on a new one. Crazy.
                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Chrome Saleen's actually, but yes sir. It's a really fun car to drive, the blower absolutely screams. It's great. I would not be selling it if I wasn't getting a GT500.

Comment

Chrome Saleen's actually, but yes sir. It's a really fun car to drive, the blower absolutely screams. It's great. I would not be selling it if I wasn't getting a GT500.
                    I want some details on that thing. I want a fun car, that sounds like a lot of fun to me.
                    I'll take a small fee for hooking you guys up if a deal is made.

Comment

I'll take a small fee for hooking you guys up if a deal is made.
                      I'll buy you lunch sir. It would be interesting to meet the person behind the e*persona anyways. lol.

Comment

PM sent so I don't derail the thread any further. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by bluecollar View Post
                          My wife wants a Challenger really badly....

Are there any major issues with these cars?
                          Yes...It's a Dodge.

Comment

I'll buy you lunch sir. It would be interesting to meet the person behind the e*persona anyways. lol.
                            Cool. I have been looking forward for a trip to Texas de Brazil.

Comment

Cool. I have been looking forward for a trip to Texas de Brazil.
                              Sounds good.

Comment

Sounds good.
                                I am just kidding. I don't need payment for such a little task.

Comment

Working...
                                X