Wife wants a Challenger. Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife wants a Challenger. Opinions?

My wife wants a Challenger really badly, but I honestly don't know much about them. I went and test drove one yesterday and was pleasantly surprised at how nice it felt.

Are there any major issues with these cars?

Also, anyone work at a dealership that has some used Challengers?

Buy her a SRT8 Challenger so you can drive it too!
    Originally posted by Nash B.
    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Sure she was talking about a car?

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
        Sure she was talking about a car?
        Well, I don't think they've put the shuttle back together yet...

Comment

I like mine

It is a 2011 , just a base SE model for a daily driver , the v6 is 305 hp
          knocks down 30mpg on the highway plus

I tried to deal at several dealerships ,could not find one that would deal off window on it

Karl Klement in Decatur gave me an "ok" deal ..talk to Darrell , tell him Daryl told you to call so I can get my bird dog !

940-627-6700

Comment

Originally posted by bluecollar View Post
            Are there any major issues with these cars?
            Yeah, the hemi engines are valve seat dropping pieces of crap just like every other 2.7, 3.7 and 4.7. Don't ovearheat it and keep the oil changed and they are decent but they still have more than their share of engine problems.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
              Yeah, the hemi engines are valve seat dropping pieces of crap just like every other 2.7, 3.7 and 4.7. Don't ovearheat it and keep the oil changed and they are decent but they still have more than their share of engine problems.
              Thats not true in anyway shape or form

I bought new a 2004 Dodge pickup with a Hemi, it has 135,000 miles on it and has never seen a dealership

The V6 in the 2011 Challenger is a all new design for 2011 and its rated in the top 4 of all engines made in any brand

Here is a good place to read

Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
                Buy her a SRT8 Challenger so you can drive it too!
                That's what I'm looking at, depending on prices. May end up looking at an R/T if all of the SRTs are too overpriced. Whatever it is, it HAS to be a V8 or she doesn't want it. She tired of driving a turbo 4cyl (mazda cx7) and wants to get back into a sports car again.

Comment

Originally posted by bluecollar View Post
                  That's what I'm looking at, depending on prices. May end up looking at an R/T if all of the SRTs are too overpriced. Whatever it is, it HAS to be a V8 or she doesn't want it. She tired of driving a turbo 4cyl (mazda cx7) and wants to get back into a sports car again.
                  I'd keep the CX7......

Comment

Is she in the kitchen?
                    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dad View Post
                      Thats not true in anyway shape or form
                      Well there is some reason that we sell about 50 of them a month just out of the North Texas region. Besides the little crappy Kia Rio 1.6 and the Altima 2.5s that Hemi and it's other 2.7, 3.7, 4.7 relatives are the highest demand engines in the salvage industry and have been for at least the last 5 years.

I'm just basing my statement off of personal experience, dealing with warranty claims. I personally have 15-20 claims a month on Hemi engines and nearly every time it's due to valve seat material in the cylinders, left over from the techs reusing contaminated intakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dad View Post
                        I like mine

It is a 2011 , just a base SE model for a daily driver , the v6 is 305 hp
                        knocks down 30mpg on the highway plus

I tried to deal at several dealerships ,could not find one that would deal off window on it

Karl Klement in Decatur gave me an "ok" deal ..talk to Darrell , tell him Daryl told you to call so I can get my bird dog !

940-627-6700
                        Hi, my name is Larry, this is my brother Darrell, and my other brother Daryl.
                        G'Day Mate

Comment

I don't like them. The are a heavy gas guzzling turd if you ask me. They don't even remotely look good. Of course this is my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                            Is she in the kitchen?
                            Can a Challenger fit in his kitchen, is the real question.

Comment

I'm not a fan of them. At all.
                              Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                              Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                              Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                              You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Working...
                              X