Towing a Car (advice needed).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towing a Car (advice needed).

Any advice on doing this? I am loading up for Colorado today and putting the wife's car on a transport trailer. I have never pulled a car on anything before. I will be using Uhaul's biggest truck though. So, maybe I won't get yanked all over the road. Thanks in advance for any help.

Distribute the weight properly, tie down the tires/axles and check the straps often. It's not too hard.
    G'Day Mate

Comment

I've hauled from CA here with car trailers. Mot really much to tell you besides whats said above. I Just suggest keep an eye on the trailer tires, I had blow out in east TX. I waited 2+ hrs for Uhaul to get there. I just think its easy and not much to worry about. Plus I did it on a 1500 GMC sierra and did just fine, so a bigger truck shall be no problem. Safe drive..

Comment

Just watch your lane changes and your right turns and you will be fine.

Comment

U-Haul trailers are accidents waiting to happen .

They take horrible care of them , people abuse them drop them off and no one bothers to check anything on them

Look it over well before going anywhere, stop to check air pressures in tires don't touch the rims but put your hand down by it after going when you do a load check

A hot area will mean wheel bearing is getting bad

My advice is go under the speed limit as much as possible

If you have never pulled a trailer a long trip is not the best place to learn , summer and a long trip doubles the problems

Can you back up a trailer ?

Comment

Working...
          X