Houston police: Driver charged after bizarre accident with pedestrian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston police: Driver charged after bizarre accident with pedestrian

A driver smashed full-speed into a man working on his disabled car on the side of a Houston road this morning. And that is the least disturbing part of this story.

This is the worst story ever

A driver smashed full-speed into a man working on his disabled car on the side of a Houston road this morning. And that is the least disturbing part of this story.

Prepare yourself for the story of the worst car accident ever.

The Mazda 626 pictured above was being driven by 49-year-old James John Onak along Interstate 45 slightly after midnight this morning when he struck a man on the side of the road who appears to have abandoned his broke-down Explorer. The unnamed pedestrian was described as being in his 30s and wearing a Subway sandwich shop uniform.

It was such a strong impact that the pedestrian's leg was left at the scene.

That wasn't the worst part of the story.

The rest of the body became lodged partially in the passenger's seat and partially in the windshield.

But even that horrific image now seared forever into our heads wasn't the worst part.

No, the worst part is the driver continued to drive for two miles until a constable pulled him over and discovered the body in the car.

According to The Houston Chronicle:

Police said the driver told the deputy he had hit something on the freeway and that he didn't know the victim was in the passenger seat beside him.

The man died at the scene and the driver has been charged with failure to render aid and tampering with evidence. Police are also running DWI tests and suspect drinking was involved.

How do you think that converstion went between the driver and the cop.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
      How do you think that converstion went between the driver and the cop.
      How do you think that conversation went between the driver and the "passenger"

Comment

Holy fuck.

Comment

This isn't nothing new. Remember the black girl that ran over a homeless guy in Dallas, a couple of years ago. She parked the car at her house with the guy stuck dying in the windshield, then got a guy friend to help dump the body after the guy was stuck in the car for a few hours. That was some messed up shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
            This isn't nothing new. Remember the black girl that ran over a homeless guy in Dallas, a couple of years ago. She parked the car at her house with the guy stuck dying in the windshield, then got a guy friend to help dump the body after the guy was stuck in the car for a few hours. That was some messed up shit.
            Didn't that guy call 911 while he bled out in her garage while stuck?
            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I remember the case in Ft. Worth that was similar to this one. Lady hit a homeless guy on 287, and left him to die in her windshield while she locked the car in her garage. Then her bf burned the body in Cobb Park. I got to sit in at that trial since I was a TCSO intern that year.

Comment

Here's one of the links to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                  I remember the case in Ft. Worth that was similar to this one. Lady hit a homeless guy on 287, and left him to die in her windshield while she locked the car in her garage. Then her bf burned the body in Cobb Park. I got to sit in at that trial since I was a TCSO intern that year.
                  This case popped into my mind as soon as I read this thread. Crazy people out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                    damn that's messed up!

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                      This case popped into my mind as soon as I read this thread. Crazy people out there.
                      mine too so I googled to find out what happened to her.

(CBS/AP) A videotape of Chante Mallard at a nightclub, just one week after she struck a homeless man with her car and left him lodged in the windshield to die, may have been on jurors' minds when they sentenced her to 50 years in prison for murder, attorneys say.

Comment

Working...
                      X