Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cop leaves AR15 on trunk... while driving.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cop leaves AR15 on trunk... while driving.

SEATTLE — The Seattle Police Department is apologizing for an assault rifle left unattended on the back of a patrol car Monday night, and has launched an investigation into the matter.

First published by The Stranger, Nick Gonzales snapped a picture last night of the menacing-looking rifle on the trunk of a Seattle Police car. It was around 9 p.m. and the car was parked outside the Roosevelt Hotel, near Pine and 7th Avenue, with no police officers in sight, said Gonzales.

In addition, after an officer got back into the patrol car, it was driven away with the rifle still on the trunk. A woman also saw the rifle and followed the car to try to get the officer's attention.

Gonzales said he flagged down two more SPD officers on bicycles to tell them what he saw. As he described, they were "shocked as hell."

Two more witnesses alerted police to the situation.

In response, the director of the SPD Office of Professional Accountability said in a statement, "It is unacceptable that a rifle was left unattended on a patrol car and people should expect more from their police department."

The commander of the West Precinct has begun the investigation, said the SPD.

That's TannerM's SWAT brother.

Comment

First published by The Stranger, Nick Gonzales snapped a picture last night of the menacing-looking rifle on the trunk of a Seattle Police car. It was around 9 p.m. and the car was parked outside the Roosevelt Hotel, near Pine and 7th Avenue, with no police officers in sight, said Gonzales.

Fucking media!
      "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
      http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
      Factory Five MK4 Cobra
      Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
      http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
      www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post

Fucking media!
        It's just a bunch of pussies that work in the media. My mom included lol.

Comment

I'm not sure how an object that can't function without an operator can be "menacing" but here we are...
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Idiot!
            Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
              I'm not sure how an object that can't function without an operator can be "menacing" but here we are...

I guess it could have slid off the trunk and busted off a few rounds? I don't know anything about guns, so I'm not sure if it is possible, but I see it happen in movies all the time, so....

Comment

I guess that "menacing looking rifle" comment jumped out at everyone else, as well! Watch out! It might jump off the car and rob a liquor store or mug an old lady! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                  I guess it could have slid off the trunk and busted off a few rounds? I don't know anything about guns, so I'm not sure if it is possible, but I see it happen in movies all the time, so....
                  I don't know if youre joking or not, but I would say yes that is possible.

The magazine is in and everything. There is no reason for the weapon to be loaded.
                  DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
                    Fucking media!
                    Its Seattle! You cant hug a fucking tree with a rifle in your hands.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post

Sort of both, really. That goes for most of the posts I make. I really don't know squat about guns or what sort of safeties would be on something like that though.

Comment

i woulda took it... if they wont be carefull with it i will, lol

Comment

The magazine is in and everything. There is no reason for the weapon to be loaded.
                            An unloaded patrol rifle is worthless. A patrol ready rifle has a magazine seated in the weapon, but not chambered with a round.
                            Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Could be condition 3
                              Condition 3 rifle is just as safe as a condition 4 rifle.

Comment

Working...
                              X