Fingers going numb. Any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fingers going numb. Any ideas?

On my left hand my pinky and the next finger have been tingly for 2 weeks. It comes and goes. One morning I woke up and it felt like my hand swelled up over night.

Prior to this happening, I have been helping my mother-in-law move A LOT of furniture 3 days straight. In between my should and chest on both sides feels like i strained something a few nights after work. Now i'm outta shape. I have not done any lifting like this in a while. I am moving on Wednesday and have been moving stuff around the house as well getting ready to load. All this has been going on the past 2 weeks. Getting ready to move and helping the in-law.
    Since last night the tingling has almost stopped. I have almost forgot I had it.

What I am getting to is, could this have been a pinched nerve? Carpal Tunnel? The first time it started 2 weeks ago, my whole hand was tingling. But on day 2 it was just the 2 small fingers on the left hand. Very annoying I might add. I don't know what to think. But when it was coming and going all that time, it starts to bother you. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Stop shoving them up your ass

Comment

Pinched nerve.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Stroking out

Comment

look up cubital tunnel. I had similar symptoms and still do off and on. What helped me was to shake my hands and try to keep my arms straight most of the time. Usually bothers me most sitting at a keyboard for long hours or driving in the car and the arm that is bent resting on the armrest is the one that suffers most.

Comment

I knew I was going to hear some sex jokes.

Comment

Your girl must think you are the foreplay king

Comment

my guess would be a pinched nerve since it happened after lifting stuff
                "PSH!!!"

Comment

Frank I think you're right. I read the symptoms on that and it is right on. I moved some fireproof filing cabinets that require some serious straining to pull back on a hand-truck. I think that is what caused this. imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Samhain View Post
                    Pinched nerve.
                    This.

Ulnar nerve.

Comment

Originally posted by GT Fanatic View Post
                      Frank I think you're right. I read the symptoms on that and it is right on. I moved some fireproof filing cabinets that require some serious straining to pull back on a hand-truck. I think that is what caused this. imo.
                      I bought one of those spandex elbow braces and wore it for a while and it seemed to help but I think it was because it just reminded me to straighten out my arm more often.

As for the other pains, I have gotten some strange very intense burning high on my rib cage on my right side. As best as we could figure I pulled a muscle somehow. The spasms were so intense I would nearly double-over. Doc never could figure out what it was.

Comment

I like it when my hand goes numb. I call it the stranger.
                        Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                          I like it when my hand goes numb. I call it the stranger.
                          So has everyone else for 15 years.

OP, it's spina bifida.

Comment

Yup ulnar nerve issue...mostly from riding with your arm on the window sill of your car or on the arm rest...depending on which arm involved.

Comment

No serious input here, but I wanted to suggest the option of a "stranger".
                              Ded

Comment

Working...
                              X