No announcement yet.

Fingers going numb. Any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that happens to me sometimes. i think it may be blood circulation problems. try to reduce your stress levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
      look up cubital tunnel. I had similar symptoms and still do off and on. What helped me was to shake my hands and try to keep my arms straight most of the time. Usually bothers me most sitting at a keyboard for long hours or driving in the car and the arm that is bent resting on the armrest is the one that suffers most.
      That's what my doctor originally diagnosed mine as, gave me some Naproxen and it went away for a little bit. Not sure exactly but after having a ganglion cyst removed it hasn't come back.

Comment

Your going to die.....sorry

Comment

I would go see a Doc right away. When I go in to see my Dr about my high blood pressure the first thing he asks me is if I have any tingling in my fingers and if anything has swelled up. Not something I would play around with for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
            I would go see a Doc right away. When I go in to see my Dr about my high blood pressure the first thing he asks me is if I have any tingling in my fingers and if anything has swelled up. Not something I would play around with for sure!
            Yeah but the key is that it's a pinky finger and probably just half of the finger next to it. Pretty much the only thing that can be is an ulnar nerve. Your doctor is worried about you having a stroke or heart attack.

To the OP, bend your arm as much as you can and tap on your elbow. If it tingles then it's probably cubital tunnel syndrome. Like was mentioned, it was aggravated by resting on your elbow more than usual. Naproxen or whatever the current anti inflammatory is will probably take care of it.

Comment

I am going to so Ulnar as well due to going through it. Woke up one morning with half my my hand numb. Impacted nerve in my elbow. Had surgery and still have a numb hand for the most part. DO not let it go without having it looked at.

The sooner they get it out the sooner and more likely it will be to heal or grow the tore up part.

Comment

Could be multiple sclerosis. It can cause numbness and tingling in parts of the body.
                I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

how fat are you?

Sometimes just being a fatty and sitting/sleeping in akward positions will cause stress/pinching of nerves that come and go.

Comment

Have unprotected sex with any prostitutes lately? You could have aids!

Comment

teh aids you have

Comment

It's probably butfor!
                        Originally posted by Nash B.
                        Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
                          It's probably butfor!

lol, Whats a "butfor"?

Shitting?

I still think it's a good thing. I mean, he never has to pay for it again. Just give himself a "stranger" and its all good. Don't have to buy your hand diner or flowers to get some.
                          Ded

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
                            lol, Whats a "butfor"?

Shitting?
                            For pooping silly!
                            Originally posted by Nash B.
                            Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                              Could be multiple sclerosis. It can cause numbness and tingling in parts of the body.
                              This is what I was going to post.

Back in '01 I started getting tingling in my right hand that would come and go. Went to the doctor, not carpel tunnel, every other test came out ok. Got sent to a neurologist and then got some MRI's done. It was MS.

I would go to the doctor ASAP if it keeps up. I found out too late that if I had been diagnosed sooner a very large steroid shot could have most likely stopped the MS in it's tracks.

Not trying to put you in a panic or anything but I really wish someone had pushed me to go to the doctor sooner. Hindsight is 20/20.
                              "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

LoL at some of these suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                                X