Score one for the little guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Score one for the little guy

I contested my home value with the county and had a phone interview today. The first thing out of the guys mouth was Wow. No wonder your contesting it by my calculations we have your home over valued by 10k. I was like yeah no shit. So he dropped 10k but I stayed on him and said that wasn't enough compared to the comps that I had. He asked what I was looking for and I said another 3k. He claimed anything over an additional 2k drop in value would require me to go infront of the board. So we agreed on the 12k and called it a day. Pretty painless and only took 5 minutes.

Don't you make a million dollars a year?

Comment

what and how did you get evidence in order to contest?
      2006 Civic SI
      2009 Pilot
      1988 GT
      CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
        what and how did you get evidence in order to contest?
        I had my realtor pull some comps, but they didn't even ask to see them because they know for a fact what the houses have sold for. They are just hoping you don't contest it and pay the bill. If I wouldn't have contested it my taxes were going to go up $500. Now its dropping about $200 from last years.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
          I had my realtor pull some comps, but they didn't even ask to see them because they know for a fact what the houses have sold for. They are just hoping you don't contest it and pay the bill. If I wouldn't have contested it my taxes were going to go up $500. Now its dropping about $200 from last years.
          Wait- you make $200,000 annually and took all this time to bitch over $700?

Comment

the rich do not get richer by wasting money.

Comment

Originally posted by 78X View Post
              Five minutes for $700? You're fucking stupid.

Comment

For the next 20 years? Fuckin' aye.

Comment

Originally posted by flybye70ss View Post
                  the rich do not get richer by wasting money.
                  Bingo.

And way to show the gubment what's what. Cheers to you, regardless of how much you make!
                  I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Silly post.
                    Originally posted by davbrucas
                    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

My house appraisal went up 20k this year. While I generally argue constantly to drop it and have won every time but this year I let it go. Total taxes for the year? $0.00.

Can't complain too much
                      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

I pulled comps for my buddies house & they knocked 15% ($60K) off his value.

Contesting is not hard at all, it's amazing how few people do it.
                        Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                          Don't you make a million dollars a year?
                          3/4 of that goes to the union
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

i'll take an extra $700 for 5 minutes of my time.

Comment

Our's went up $55k, I sent the protest letter back, guess what? I get a letter saying that they did not get it by the fucking deadline even though I sent it out 9 days early. I call over there and they dont give a shit, told me it was late and thats that. Next year I'm sending it certified mail
                              2012 SRT8 Challenger 392 Hemi-6 speed
                              Bright Silver Metallic w/ Black Stripes
                              Leg Maker Inc. 4"Carbon Fiber CAI
                              Speedlogix Catch Can
                              Resonator Delete

Comment

Working...
                              X