Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flying from DFW to San Diego, who has the best air fares?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying from DFW to San Diego, who has the best air fares?

My little brother will be graduating from boot camp (Marines) in September and I need 2 tickets round trip for the best price. Who haz them?

The best I've found so far is Virgin Airlines at $320 round trip per person but it has 1 stop and there are a couple of hours in between. I'd like a non-stop if possible, but I can do a 1 stop if there isn't a huge delay. I'll be traveling from 9/8 to 9/12

TIA

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
    My little brother will be graduating from boot camp (Marines) in September and I need 2 tickets round trip for the best price. Who haz them?

The best I've found so far is Virgin Airlines at $320 round trip per person but it has 1 stop and there are a couple of hours in between. I'd like a non-stop if possible, but I can do a 1 stop if there isn't a huge delay. I'll be traveling from 9/8 to 9/12

TIA
    American Airlines has multiple daily flights from DFW to SD...but i dont know how expensive they are. i always flew there on the Navy's dime.
    2011 Mustang GT
    sigpic

Comment

Virgin America is supposed to have some nice new planes.

Comment

Check http://www.kayak.com , check it every day. I looked at the dates you said and $321 for VA is what I found too. If you can stay till the 13th, you can save a few bucks.
        Typically, the best prices will come up about 4 to 6 weeks before your travel date.
        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

If you don't mind driving (I am assuming you are renting a car) then check flights into LAX instead. It will be cheaper to fly there and drive down.
          Originally posted by grove rat
          shiiiiiit.. i love em thick

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
            Virgin America is supposed to have some nice new planes.
            x2
            Flew with them from DFW to LAX last week and can vouch for them, the prices of the ticket was hella cheap, way cheaper then AA. Ive flown AA a lot and only have flown VA once and wont go back to AA..

Comment

Originally posted by V8tt View Post
              If you don't mind driving (I am assuming you are renting a car) then check flights into LAX instead. It will be cheaper to fly there and drive down.
              X2

There is also an airport in Ontario. A little drive south from there to get to SD.

Comment

DFW to LAX is dirty cheap - usually ~$200 RT.

I just booked one a month out for $213.

Comment

It depends on if you can fly with just a carry on or not. Every time I've flown back to DFW on my own dime AA and Southwest were both pretty comparable when flying with one checked bag, with AA always being slightly higher though.

If you can stick everything in a carry on AA is cheaper though by saving the checked bag fee.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                    DFW to LAX is dirty cheap - usually ~$200 RT.

I just booked one a month out for $213.
                    It depends on the time a year, the cheapest I've seen it is $200 RT before fees and taxes off season. My trip to Galveston through Houston next month ran me close to $400 all told due to the summer fares, and I booked over a month in advance. It was just over $500 when I came home last Thanksgiving.

Comment

This is too and from San Diego specifically btw.

Comment

Working...
                      X