Indoor Kart Racing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indoor Kart Racing?

In OKC, they had Pole Position, which was basically the only fun thing to do in OKC. Do they have any indoor kart racing places in DFW?

I'm interested in this also, shifter karts prefered.
    Ded

Comment

No fun indoor kartings places that i know of.

But i went here http://dallaskartingcomplex.com/ and it was a blast. I wanna try out the 6 spd kart. The owner will setup a group rate if you get enough people, nice guy too.
      Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

Tbc Indoor Kart Racing And Entertainment Center
        8625 N. Stemmons Fwy, Dallas, TX, 75247
        (214) 634-5278

The racing experience begins with getting your gear, including a helmet and an optional race suit. Then, it's on to a brief rundown on how to operate the electric go-karts, which reach speeds of 35 to 40 mph.

You get to pick from two tracks: One is faster with longer straightaways; the other wider... more

The racing experience begins with getting your gear, including a helmet and an optional race suit. Then, it's on to a brief rundown on how to operate the electric go-karts, which reach speeds of 35 to 40 mph.

You get to pick from two tracks: One is faster with longer straightaways; the other wider, making it easier to pass. A glitch on our visit: One kart limped along at 15 to 20 mph. Attendants flag down racers when they notice problems and will switch out slow karts.

A computer printout provides each lap time, how many laps you made and your best lap time as well as other racers of the day and their times. But we encountered another problem; only one racer's results were printed.

A race lasts about eight minutes. Mini grand-prix and super grand-prix packages, requiring a minimum of five people, are available and last longer.

The atmosphere is all-sports, with lots of racing equipment, and there are plenty of televisions, food and drinks and an arcade. The facility also promotes team-building concepts for corporate customers and special parties for adults. The large-group packages feature team-endurance relay racing and even blindfold driving.

Drivers must be at least 5 feet tall or 18 years old.

Comment

thats still open?

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
            thats still open?

god bless.
            that place is longgggg gone.
            Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

Is pole position pretty cool? I drive by there all the time

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                Is pole position pretty cool? I drive by there all the time
                It is cool. The owners are awesome, prices are reasonable, and the people whp go there are actually pretty serious about getting good lap times.

Comment

Originally posted by Bputacoma View Post
                  that place is longgggg gone.
                  If this is the right place you ain't lyin!

I think I went to this one back in the mid/late 90's and the karts were ragged out piles of crap. I got tangled up with someone around a hairpin and the frame broke.

Comment

Originally posted by Bputacoma View Post
                    No fun indoor kartings places that i know of.

But i went here http://dallaskartingcomplex.com/ and it was a blast. I wanna try out the 6 spd kart. The owner will setup a group rate if you get enough people, nice guy too.
                    i talked to that guy at the last cars & coffee. i think i'm going saturday.
                    www.hppmotorsports.com
                    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                      It is cool. The owners are awesome, prices are reasonable, and the people whp go there are actually pretty serious about getting good lap times.
                      Cool. I've thought about going several times, just always have something come up.

Comment

Cool. I've thought about going several times, just always have something come up.
                        There are several videos on youtube where people have strapped cameras to their helmets. I'd suggest watching a couple just so you can see the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                          There are several videos on youtube where people have strapped cameras to their helmets. I'd suggest watching a couple just so you can see the inside.
                          I just finished watching one. Pretty sick

Comment

I just finished watching one. Pretty sick
                            Agreed. I'm trying to figure out whether it would be cost effective to open one like it in the DFW area, hence the question of are there any currently around?

Comment

There used to be a place near the corner or 820 and Hwy 26 in N Richland Hills that had indoor go-carts. Not sure if it's still open. I've never been, just driven by.

The iTz entertainment center off of 183 and Industrial in Euless has indoor go-carts. Probably a little more tame than the type of stuff you're looking to do though.
                              --Marcus

Comment

Working...
                              X