note to self: don't leave refrigerant cans in a hot car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
    Where are the pics of that guy's car that exploded when he went to bed with the nitrous bottle heater on? If I remember right the dude left the heater on and the pop off valve didn't work. It was a maxima and it looked like someone set off a stick of dynamite in the trunk.
    He never would let NX do their own testing on the bottle. The guy installed a blow down tube and probably left the existing burst disk in place and stacked the blow down tube's on top of it.

Those valves work, I mean it's a copper disk. There isn't anything that can really go wrong with them other than having a thickness out of spec or someone stacking them.

Comment

Thats crazy, good thing I took my can out! But now its in the garage...SHITZ!

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
        Damn Chris, that is a hell of a unique way to total a truck.
        Lol you would think but the insurance actually fixed that thing!

Comment

Originally posted by bigshoe View Post
          That's nothing.

I left a 2.5lb co2 bottle in the back seat of my truck (half full) on a 90 degree day. Well it reached the maximum pressure that the bottle could take and for whatever reason the pressure release didn't work and the bottle blew into 3 pieces. It blew out the rear side window(landed about 40 ft away, tint was all that was holding it together), blew the windsheild out, blew the 2 front doors and 1 rear door out, shredded the rear seat where the bottle was at, knocked a hole in the floor pan, and blew the roof up about 4 inches. It was about 17k in damage, the insurance guy was like "wait, what did you say happened?" but they covered it.
          damn
          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by jason07 View Post
            Lol you would think but the insurance actually fixed that thing!
            Twice! Both times were for 16-17k each.

Comment

Originally posted by KoopaTroopa View Post
              LOL! Chris,that truck has been through hell and back so many times... Looks "new" now
              Does that wink mean he's taken you for a ride in it? Without Brooks? :wink1:

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
                Does that wink mean he's taken you for a ride in it? Without Brooks? :wink1:
                No that's not what that means at all. Im not like the rest of the dick suckers on here, I would never do anything like that with a friends GF/Wife.

Comment

Originally posted by 564826 View Post
                  Yeah what he said, I wonder how hot it actually got in you car?
                  I put it in there the night before when I left the track, I was going to get it filled the next day on my way home from work.

Comment

Working...
                  X