Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mommas don't let your babies grow up to play hockey...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
    Matt, does that $10,000 include all their traveling expenses for the away games?
    It includes travel up to nationals. If they make that, it will be an additional expense.

Paging Dr. Dave: can I borrow some skrilla???

Comment

Keep a running list of all this and when he's making 750K+ a year, submit it with interest, service charges and add-on whatever you feel is "fair" for his contribution to your retirement.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
        Hell, just save up a few seasons and send him to a D1 school for a paid education!
        The problem with that is skill development and scouting. It's hard to be seen by those in the business if you aren't put out in front of them. Believe it or not, scouting doesn't start at the Majors.

Originally posted by cbrjames View Post
        Wish I started playing at a young age vs now. Shits fun as hell though. Like stated above, practice, practice, practice. Dryland training as well.
        They will be practicing 4 days a week.

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
        Ouch. Did you go to the dallas stars sale in frisco this weekend. Had good stiks on sale there for good prices.
        We have sticks for now, and we can order sticks at a discount through the Tornado system.

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
        Keep a running list of all this and when he's making 750K+ a year, submit it with interest, service charges and add-on whatever you feel is "fair" for his contribution to your retirement.
        We've discussed a "fair return on my investment"....

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
          Man, IAD is a bunch of junior Sergeants. It would be like being interrogated by a little brother.
          I can see you now. "You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!"

Good luck to you and your son. That's a lot of cash to gamble that he'll make it. I hope he is commited and has the talent.

Comment

your a good dad!!! have fun going to the games

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post

Good luck to you and your son. That's a lot of cash to gamble that he'll make it. I hope he is commited and has the talent.
              Even if he doesn't there are a lot of good things he's learning about life in general as well. All around good stuff.

I know you know that - just adding on.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

my nephew wants to get back into hockey, he's 17 years old: 6'4" at 275 lbs...not hockey sized and my brother is dreading it due to the costs and he's a slow skater so it's only for fun. I told him to keep his ass in football and he might could go pro some day.

Comment

sounds like a good deal

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post

He is absolutely committed, or I would no be paying this much.

Comment

Originally posted by Saleen781 View Post
                      my nephew wants to get back into hockey, he's 17 years old: 6'4" at 275 lbs...not hockey sized and my brother is dreading it due to the costs and he's a slow skater so it's only for fun. I told him to keep his ass in football and he might could go pro some day.
                      That is too big for hockey. Speed and agility are the keys. He sounds like a good football prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                        The problem with that is skill development and scouting. It's hard to be seen by those in the business if you aren't put out in front of them. Believe it or not, scouting doesn't start at the Majors.

They will be practicing 4 days a week.

We have sticks for now, and we can order sticks at a discount through the Tornado system.

We've discussed a "fair return on my investment"....
                        We've been where you're going. My oldest daughter played soccer through college. As the time got closer, "D1" wan't all it was cracked up to be. It's a business, and they will tell you about anything to get him to sign. Just don't wear the blinders that I saw 1000 parents wear about the "next Mia Hamm", or in your case, the next "Eric Lindros".

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                          your a good dad!!! have fun going to the games
                          I always do.

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                          Even if he doesn't there are a lot of good things he's learning about life in general as well. All around good stuff.

I know you know that - just adding on.
                          I like the exposure he's getting playing the sport. I think it will help him later in life.

Here is when he was 4:

Here he is at 5:

And here is a recent pic from the season that ended in March:

Comment

You're gonna be pissed if you pay $10k and he rides the bench...

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                              You're gonna be pissed if you pay $10k and he rides the bench...
                              But he's not going to so it's all good.

Comment

Wow that is high. Don't some highschools offer this? I think it is awesome that as a father you are willing to shell out that kind of money to support your sons dreams.
                                www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Working...
                                X