Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waking up at 10,000 feet- 44 degrees right now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr_Fiux View Post
    where are you?
    Fdr 380
    Pagosa Springs‎ Colorado‎ 81147
    United States

Today we are on the Alpine Loop About head west on it out of lake city. Loop is dead with traffic which is good but must be an indicator the economy still sucks.

Took park road 520 last night up to rio grande reservoir in hinsdale county up until we hit he snow pack and couldn't go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
      I'm sitting on the deck at our cabin... drinking some whiskey on the rocks with the wife. she's got a pullover sweater and sweat pants on. I'm sitting here in shorts and a t-shrit enjoying the chill in the air. it's probably low 50's now. overnight low will be 37 or so.

the deck is just over 9,000ft

I've gotten 10hrs of sleep in the past three days, I'm even further burnt out from being on high alert for the 73mph avg speed over 1050 miles (if you've made this drive, you know how many small towns there are where you have to go 30mph through town... plus the wife having to piss a thousand times... we were FLYING!!! LOL)

but man, all is right with the world at this very moment, and it's been a LONG time since I could say that and mean it
      Hey we ate at the canasta or ca Sara grille (however it's spelled as you head south on 149 there) last night. What area of creede is your cabin in? We fished the continental reservoir and rio grande reservoir this morning.

About to hea over to ouray once we finish lunch here in the city park here in lake city.

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
        Hey we ate at the canasta or ca Sara grille (however it's spelled as you head south on 149 there) last night. What area of creede is your cabin in? We fished the continental reservoir and rio grande reservoir this morning.

About to hea over to ouray once we finish lunch here in the city park here in lake city.

He is probably too busy playing Angry Birds to answer.

Comment

we're up on the hill on the west... locals don't eat at Cascada
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Going to Angel Fire next weekend. 8400 feet. Can't wait
            Last edited by mustangguy289; 06-25-2011, 08:25 PM.
            www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZYouL8R View Post
              So is the point of this thread to brag that you're on a mountain or to prove you're a faggot for posting on your iPad while camping?
              No it was just a statement I made that is all

I brought my iPad for my 4 year old to stay occupied in the jeep and had it in my backpack still.

Comment

we're up on the hill on the west... locals don't eat at Cascada
                Yea we knew that but at 8:55pm it was eat there or don't eat so we stopped

Comment

Wife sets out on the drive to Lake City tomorrow @ 5am. I fly in to Montrose (or maybe Gunnison) on Friday to join. We'll go from there to Telluride for the night (festival), then back to LC for the weekend, the 4th of July festivities & the rest of the week. We drive back together the following Friday.

2 weeks for her, 1 week for me.

Cooter, your ww doesn't just crumble like dust in the wind? Probably easier just to cook with it.
                  Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

nah, I got it sealed up... it's so damn sticky to begin with, it's easier to handle when it's dried out a little
                    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

just found my 1/8th of white widow from last year
                      post pics or bull shit...

Comment

Working...
                      X