Paypal & Identity Theft (long)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pooter View Post
    Another reason I dont have paypal, fuck that nonsense....

Never liked having it linked directly to a bank account and some douchenozzle deciding whos at fault on a dispute...
    They can't pull money out of your bank account without your authorization.

The 1300 negative balance is still on my account, and my bank account was still linked to it for months after the negative appeared. I removed the account after a while, but I asked both paypal and the bank what would happen? Paypal said they couldn't authorize a bank transfer without my approval, and the bank said even if they did, i could just do a fraud claim.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
      The only problem is paypal will put it on your credit as an account due, assholes
      They have never put anything on my credit for the 1300 dollar negative. It's been two years now.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
        They have never put anything on my credit for the 1300 dollar negative. It's been two years now.
        if they have your social they will.

Comment

why would they have your social?

Even their credit line is from a bank and not paypal directly. So it's no different than having a Visa with any other bank, and the same rules apply. I could see you having an outstanding debt with the bank, but not paypal themselves.

Comment

Paypal is a scumbag piece of shit company. I skimmed through the first post.

Call paypal and see what info they want to see on a police report. It's not the same, but I had a case where a buyer scammed me and I got a police report. In the end paypal basically said they were fucking me in the ass because the Detective was too vague in the police report.

Necessary evil for me, but FUCK I L-O-A-T-H-E paypal!
            US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
              Paypal is a scumbag piece of shit company. I skimmed through the first post.

Call paypal and see what info they want to see on a police report. It's not the same, but I had a case where a buyer scammed me and I got a police report. In the end paypal basically said they were fucking me in the ass because the Detective was too vague in the police report.

Necessary evil for me, but FUCK I L-O-A-T-H-E paypal!
              So let me get this straight... you don't like paypal?

Comment

As a buyer always fund all your paypal purchases with a CREDIT card. If there is a problem the seller refuses to resolve dispute it with your CC company.

Unless you're a complete jackass you'll win every time.

As a seller, well, bend over and spread your cheeks.
                US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Working...
                X