• Show
Clear All

lol @ buying a bird cage cover.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
      lol @ buying a bird cage cover.
      hehe could have been worse!

Comment

that sucks man. paypal is dog shit and i've essentially stopped using it. it's unfortunate that they have gotten themselves wrapped in so many other areas beyond ebay though.
        www.hppmotorsports.com
        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
          Just signed up. $6.50/mo is easy to deal with. I would have expected it to cost more. Thanks again.
          Yeah, their price is unbeatable for the services and coverage you get.

Good luck and hope this all gets sorted out for ya.

Comment

I had two paypal accounts, one with a paypal Visa with a 1500 dollar limit that I opened AFTER, a buyer dispute on my other account caused me not to receive my merchandise back, and a negative $1300 balance.

During a dispute the buyer is always in the right with paypal, no matter how much documentation you send during the dispute. I sent them the US Mail ceritfied delivery order and receipt, showing shipment, there was no conformation, because it was sent to Australia, yes now I know better. I provided emails from the buyer stating that it can take a long time to clear customs, he's just tired of waiting and wants his money back. I told paypal and the buyer that once I got my item back, and took out the shipping costs, that I would refund the buyer's money. Instead, paypal gave the buyer the money back and put a negative balance on my account. They tried to send it to collections, but as it's not a credit account, when I disputed it on my credit report, it came right off

So I opened my second account under a new address and bank account, I was given 1500 dollar credit line. About two years later, they linked the two accounts, and closed the second account. Yes, two years later

If they were smart, they would have charged the 1300 dollar balance on my 1500 dollar credit line, but they weren't.

I'll never use paypal again. If a business only accepts paypal online, I won't buy from them. Same goes with ebay, if you can't find another provider, you don't want my business.

Comment

I hate paypal so much, but I use them to buy shit on ebay. what the hell am I to do?

Comment

Paypal and E-bay are two huge monopolies that get to do whatever the hell they want. The statement about the buyer always being right is not correct... they will fuck you over every which way they can. I have been on the buyer side and the seller side of disputes which should have obviously been ruled in my favor and lost. I have said fuck paypal and fuck e-bay multiple times but I still end up buying and selling stuff on there. Bottom line is, there isn't anything that can compete with them. I sell as much as I can on craigslist but the flakey people that say they will meet me and waste my time by not showing up make it too much of a hassle. I also sell stuff on here as much as possible, but when I ask $100 for something and get an offer of $3.78 and an almost new pack of gum... E-bay and Paypal are big enough that if anyone tries to come up with a new idea to compete they have enough money to over pay for the idea to maintain their monopoly.

I sold an iPhone 4 on e-bay for $500 a few weeks ago and the seller and paypal fees ended up being $53!! That is crazy. BUT, I would have been lucky to get $400 on craigslist and may have been shanked in the process. Fuck them both... but what are your other options?

Comment

Originally posted by TorchRedStang View Post
                  Paypal and E-bay are ONE big Monopoly!
                  Fixed.

Not sure if you guys knew it or not, but Ebay owns Paypal.

Get full-length product reviews, the latest news, tech coverage, daily deals, and category deep dives from CNET experts worldwide.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                    Fixed.

Not sure if you guys knew it or not, but Ebay owns Paypal.

http://news.cnet.com/2100-1017-941964.html
                    Well, that's what I meant... Total BS and the dispute process is a joke because you can "appeal" a dispute from one company to the other but they are both the same and will both screw you.

Comment

Same thing just happened to me but with Ebay. They limited my account to 12 items or $2900 a month. They said that I was the same person as a guy I sold 2 laptops and a van to. I have no clue who this cocksucker is, only that they somehow are linking the two accounts, yet will not tell me how.
                      To hell with Ebay and Paypal!!!

Comment

FUCK PAYPAL
                        I sold an Iphone on ebay. Guy bought it and kept it almost 2 months and decided he did not want it. I offered refund if he sent the phone back. He sent the phone back minus all the accessories like the batt charger phone case etc. I told him I would refund once those items came back. He simply filed through paypal and they refunded him. I did not have any funds in my account and they have been bugging me since. I say FUCK EM!

Comment

I use paypal to make money... I use it as a buyer on ebay.

fuck selling shit on ebay
                          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Another reason I dont have paypal, fuck that nonsense....

Never liked having it linked directly to a bank account and some douchenozzle deciding whos at fault on a dispute...

Comment

Originally posted by Pooter View Post
                              Another reason I dont have paypal, fuck that nonsense....

Never liked having it linked directly to a bank account and some douchenozzle deciding whos at fault on a dispute...
                              you link it to a separate account, and keep a zero balance in both (if you're that worried about it)

when I do accept payments from people (forum members, etc. NOT random ebay folk) I withdraw to my bank account that's tied to my ebay account. and I then transfer that to my main account. there is no overdraft protection or any "link" on the ebay account, so nobody can drain any money from you
                              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                                you link it to a separate account, and keep a zero balance in both (if you're that worried about it)

when I do accept payments from people (forum members, etc. NOT random ebay folk) I withdraw to my bank account that's tied to my ebay account. and I then transfer that to my main account. there is no overdraft protection or any "link" on the ebay account, so nobody can drain any money from you
                                The only problem is paypal will put it on your credit as an account due, assholes

Comment

Working...
                                X