Gawt damn chinese mofo's...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gawt damn chinese mofo's...

they got me! Ordered a $200 replacement bulb for my home projector off Amazon and it came from some damn company in China and its a fucking knockoff!

Fucking thing is as dim as the one it replaced that had 4,000 hours on it and it takes FOREVER to warm up. Worse part is, its no ones fault but my own. I should have paid more attention to the seller and checked them out. For some reason I thought I was getting it straight from Amazon but I was mistaken.

We so solly!

Comment

That's what you get for selling that sweet Z of yours

Comment

now the fucker started smoking, back to the old bulb.

Comment

ror

Comment

Projectors suck. LED or Plasma, everything else is just light..... well except in your case. You have some light and smoke.

JK, that sucks. I say order some chinese food and then throw it at the delivery boy.
            Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

I always buy replacement bulbs from this place:

They sell OEM bulbs. For my Sony TV, I had the choice between Phillips and Osram bulbs, which are what most manufacturers use. Good prices too.
              Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
              Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                I always buy replacement bulbs from this place:

They sell OEM bulbs. For my Sony TV, I had the choice between Phillips and Osram bulbs, which are what most manufacturers use. Good prices too.
                Thanks, I may check them out. I got a response from the seller and he said he would refund my money and to send the bulb back. He suggested I send it through USPS for the cheapest fee. Ill go ask if they can ship it to China and make sure to get signature confirmation. Im not holding my breath that I see that $200 again but at least they answered my emails and confirmed they were knock offs.

Im temtped to just go through Epson and pay the crazy $300 amount just to make sure what Im getting is real though.

**EDIT** Just check river valley and they dont carry my bulb

Comment

Not really related but this made me think of it and I thought it was funny.

I recently bought a lens and on one side it said Nikon USA and underneath says Made in China. Pretty miss leading...
                  Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                  Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

yeah the original Epson bulb I have is made in China and the people I got my new bulb from in China sent me a cheap knock off made in Taiwan! The whole damn world outsources, its crazy. My wifes aunt lives on a USAF base in Japan and says most of the stuff in the markets says "made in USA" on it and the natives all bitch and moan about it, lol.

Comment

Russian components, American components, Chinese components, ALL MADE IN TAIWAN.

When the lamp goes on my TV, I'm going the factory route - at least there is a chance of decent customer service.

Comment

Have the charge on your CC for this bulb reversed...
                        Originally posted by Da Prez
                        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                          Have the charge on your CC for this bulb reversed...
                          It was a debit card, I dont use credit cards. I recieved the product and like I said the screwup was on my side for not reading the fine print so I wouldnt put a stop payment anyway. Only reason I would do that is if they refused to ship the part. Amazon is just screwey on how they list stuff.

Here is the link to what I bought...

and it says this in the description...
                          "The genuine Epson ELPLP49 ultra high efficiency (UHE) projector lamp...."

but when you click the buy button your given a choice of two places. One for $189 and one for $270. The seller is covering his ass by saying he put this in the descritpion under his shop name....

"Compatible lamp from Taiwan. "

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                            It was a debit card, I dont use credit cards. I recieved the product and like I said the screwup was on my side for not reading the fine print so I wouldnt put a stop payment anyway. Only reason I would do that is if they refused to ship the part. Amazon is just screwey on how they list stuff.

but when you click the buy button your given a choice of two places. One for $189 and one for $270. The seller is covering his ass by saying he put this in the descritpion under his shop name....

complain to amazon. They are great about making things right.

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post

Man that sucks!!
                              Originally posted by Da Prez
                              Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                              Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Working...
                              X