Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
    Looks like this.

You use the teeth to turn the screw to adjust.
    Sometimes those get stuck.

Sorry my shop is in East Dallas next to the arboretum

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
      And that'll put more tension on the ebrake cable?
      On a drum brake setup, the ebrake cable engages the shoes. So in short, yes.

Do your normal brakes work fine? Or have you noticed an increase in brake dust on the front wheels?
      G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
        On a drum brake setup, the ebrake cable engages the shoes. So in short, yes.

Do your normal brakes work fine? Or have you noticed an increase in brake dust on the front wheels?
        Normal brakes work just fine. After replacing the e-brake cable I went to push it in and it just about went to the floor way too easily. It doesn't have anywhere near the tension that it did. Last night I was looking at the cable and it's not drooping or anything, it's firm but there's not enough tension to keep it from rolling back. Just a little force and it'll slowly roll, which in turn will cause me to fail on my inspection.
        Originally posted by Jester
        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
        He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
        Originally posted by Denny
        What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
        FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Did the parking brake cable ever work?

The adjuster will spread the pads out further to catch the drum.

Comment

Normal brakes work just fine. After replacing the e-brake cable I went to push it in and it just about went to the floor way too easily. It doesn't have anywhere near the tension that it did. Last night I was looking at the cable and it's not drooping or anything, it's firm but there's not enough tension to keep it from rolling back. Just a little force and it'll slowly roll, which in turn will cause me to fail on my inspection.
            The brakes might seem to work fine, but on a truck you're using mainly the front brakes for stopping. Might check the drum adjustment just in case. If you're up to the drive you can come out to mi casa and I'll give you a hand.
            G'Day Mate

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                Did the parking brake cable ever work?
                The adjuster will spread the pads out further to catch the drum.
                Yes, before it snapped and I had to replace the cable.

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                The brakes might seem to work fine, but on a truck you're using mainly the front brakes for stopping. Might check the drum adjustment just in case. If you're up to the drive you can come out to mi casa and I'll give you a hand.
                I did check the adjustment inside the case when I checked my drums brakes. Turned out the drums weren't even making contact with the shoes, so a few adjustments and that was fixed.

He's closed.
                Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Yes, before it snapped and I had to replace the cable.

I did check the adjustment inside the case when I checked my drums brakes. Turned out the drums weren't even making contact with the shoes, so a few adjustments and that was fixed.

He's closed.
                  Hmmm

Damn, we're slacking...took 20 posts for this to come up.
                  G'Day Mate

Comment

If your drum is hard to remove, probably not the issue. Check where the cable attaches to the brake hardware, as well as where it comes through the rear end housing just behind the drum. Your parking brake outer cable should hold tension on this flange and only the small cable attaches to the drum brake hardware. Your problem is most likely on the axle side of the cable, after the split.

I have a '95 in my garage, so I could walk you through checking tension points. Or if you're up for a drive to Sachse I could help you out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                      If your drum is hard to remove, probably not the issue. Check where the cable attaches to the brake hardware, as well as where it comes through the rear end housing just behind the drum. Your parking brake outer cable should hold tension on this flange and only the small cable attaches to the drum brake hardware. Your problem is most likely on the axle side of the cable, after the split.

I have a '95 in my garage, so I could walk you through checking tension points. Or if you're up for a drive to Sachse I could help you out.
                      Let me see what all I've got going on tomorrow and I may just do that.

Comment

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Brake+shop+...Plano+area%3F+

Comment

Comment

Hope to be taking care of this on Saturday. Anyone available if I need assistance?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Comment

Hope to be taking care of this on Saturday. Anyone available if I need assistance?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
                              I can hold the flashlight for you.
                              Originally posted by talisman
                              I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                              Originally posted by AdamLX
                              If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                              Because fuck you, that's why
                              Originally posted by 80coupe
                              nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                              Originally posted by Rick Modena
                              ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                              Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Working...
                              X