No announcement yet.

Brake shop in the N.Dallas/Plano area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake shop in the N.Dallas/Plano area?

Anyone able to recommend a good brake shop in the N. Dallas Plano area? I need to have my parking brake checked out and probably adjusted.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

What kind of car?
    G'Day Mate

Comment

92 F150.

Long story short I had to replace the front part of my parking brake cable that runs into the because it snapped. Ever since I've replaced it I can't seem to get enough tension to keep it from rolling back. From tried everything I can think of to make adjustments and have checked multiple times to make sure I got the right length of cable, but still no luck with keeping it tight.
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Put a couple bricks behind back tires. Easy fix.

LOL...j/k man

Comment

You adjusted the piece underneath that splits the cable to both wheels, right?
          G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
            You adjusted the piece underneath that splits the cable to both wheels, right?
            There's no adjustment where you're talking about. The piece that splits out the the wheels looks like this...

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
              There's no adjustment where you're talking about. The piece that splits out the the wheels looks like this...

All my cars have a threaded section on the end of the main cable where it meets that block so you can tighten/loosen the cable wth a nut.
              G'Day Mate

Comment

All my cars have a threaded section on the end of the main cable where it meets that block so you can tighten/loosen the cable wth a nut.
                I'll take a look when I get home but I don't recall there being a threaded section. You happen to have a 92-96 1/2 F150?

Comment

Haul ass in in reverse and slam on the brakes (pedal)

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                    Haul ass in in reverse and slam on the brakes (pedal)
                    I've tried doing that but I have yet to see a difference.

Rafa, I just saw your post and I would if I didn't have to worry about getting my truck inspected.

Comment

It's just the easy adjustment. Rear drum, correct? If so there is an adjustment piece between the shoes that you turn, and when your drum barley fits back on, you've got it right.

It's a real simple setup, just takes a few minutes to run through it. I wouldn't recommend any "brake shop". Any qualified mechanic could fix it in minutes.

Comment

It's just the easy adjustment. Rear drum, correct? If so there is an adjustment piece between the shoes that you turn, and when your drum barley fits back on, you've got it right.

It's a real simple setup, just takes a few minutes to run through it. I wouldn't recommend any "brake shop". Any qualified mechanic could fix it in minutes.
                        Combination of these two should do it.

Comment

You happen to have a diagram of or picture of what I should be looking for?

Comment

Looks like this.

You use the teeth to turn the screw to adjust.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                              Looks like this.

You use the teeth to turn the screw to adjust.
                              And that'll put more tension on the ebrake cable?

Comment

Working...
                              X