Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone else watching the F1 BS on Austin City council feed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

was pretty funny earlier when one of the "against" folks pointed out that New Jersey's official reason for turning this down was "environmental reasons"....New Jersey? I LOL'd.

This is going to be a huge clusterfuck and probably end up being a one year wonder. It will also be rediculously expensive to rent for an event and possibly put a couple of my favorite tracks in Texas out of business. Worse case, we have a national championship race there in 2014 or so for NASA and I don't have to haul 1200 miles!!! Yay!

Comment

it won't happen.......
      pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
        Jerry Jones says this is an OUTRAGE!!!
        It's not just Jerry. EVERY pro sports owner does the same damn thing.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
          it won't happen.......
          I don't know... A lot of Austin Business owners holding their hands out praying that F1 puts money in their pockets. They just aren't considering the stress this place is going to put on the medium sized town infrastructure of Austin.

Having flown out of bergstrum A LOT, I can tell you there are less than 3000 rental cars in all of austin....so, they take cabs right?....not enough cabs, not enough buses...not enough hotel rooms, not enough roads and not enough sewer capacity on that side of town...let alone water supply...for one event, maybe two per year. Towns like Waco, San Marcos, College Station and anywhere within 3 hour drive is going to feel the brunt of that many people showing up in town.

The funny argument is that 500 million people watch F1 on TV....so please build this track! How does some jackass in India watching F1 justify spending TX tax dollars?

I think this could end up embarrassing the shit out of Austin and TX in general. Hope they tell the developer "sorry dude, but you are on your own".

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            I know. I was just giving you shit.

Comment

Cities and States should never give money to help build stadiums that they don't have capital in because they never recoup the money.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                seriously. i'm sure the majority of dallas wishes dallas (laura miller) didnt fuck it up and send that thing into arlington.

then afterwards compound the fuck up by pissing money into that ugly toilet bowl at fair park all for no important games to play there.
                www.hppmotorsports.com
                ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Public transportation was one of the main draws, and it is not THAt fluid. Between New Braunfels, san marcos, and San Antonio, its going to be a full house. San Antionio would be easier to stay in, since it has much more lodging than Austin.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                    Public transportation was one of the main draws, and it is not THAt fluid. Between New Braunfels, san marcos, and San Antonio, its going to be a full house. San Antionio would be easier to stay in, since it has much more lodging than Austin.
                    Hence the point that all the tourism taxes on hotels and car rentals will go to other cities. I guarantee you San Antonio is tellin Austin..."Sure thang! Do it big boy!" knowing full well people will be staying there for extra days to go to sea world and fiesta TX...

ugh...people are dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                      Hence the point that all the tourism taxes on hotels and car rentals will go to other cities. I guarantee you San Antonio is tellin Austin..."Sure thang! Do it big boy!" knowing full well people will be staying there for extra days to go to sea world and fiesta TX...

ugh...people are dumb.
                      Definitely not disagreeing with you on that, more emphasizing it.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Conceptual renderings and videos at the bottom of the webpage. Looks cool! I'll be going for sure.

Comment

The ultimate destination for racing and entertainment. Home to Formula 1, MotoGP, Germania Insurance Amphitheater and COTA Karting.

Comment

Im going to take a week off work and rent my house out to someone.

If this does happen, which it will, I don't want any part of it. Austin is terrible enough during SXSW and ACL. I cannot even fathom F1.

Comment

My neighbor already has two rooms reserved just a few miles from the track at Quality Inn for $450/night! Thursday-Sunday, coming back Monday. There will be a large economic impact on the entire area. People from all over the world will fly in. Rental car companies will reallocate their fleet to Austin and the surrounding areas. Restaurants/bars/hotels/car rentals, etc. will significantly benefit. A lot of people will come in on private aircraft, so all the smaller airports in the area will benefit greatly with av gas, etc.
                              Ford
                              GM
                              Toyota
                              VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                                My neighbor already has two rooms reserved just a few miles from the track at Quality Inn for $450/night! Thursday-Sunday, coming back Monday. There will be a large economic impact on the entire area. People from all over the world will fly in. Rental car companies will reallocate their fleet to Austin and the surrounding areas. Restaurants/bars/hotels/car rentals, etc. will significantly benefit. A lot of people will come in on private aircraft, so all the smaller airports in the area will benefit greatly with av gas, etc.
                                For how long?

I live here and this makes me sick. It's all a big stinking inside job.

Comment

Working...
                                X