Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone else watching the F1 BS on Austin City council feed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone else watching the F1 BS on Austin City council feed?

If they vote for the austin tax payers to foot this bill....they are as corrupt as they come....or just don't give a shit.

Lil bit of background?
    G'Day Mate

Comment

cliffs ma-fucka!
      US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

i assume you're talking about the formula 1 races in austin? the city is trying to get tax money to host the event?

Comment

Whats the background on this
          GOD BLESS TEXAS
          August Landscaping
          214-779-7278
          Seb's high class.
          He'll mow your grass.
          He'll kick your ass.
          And while his kidney stones pass,
          He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

There are a lot of environmentalists there and it can prohibit progress. Is the track even within the city limits?

Have no idea about the shenanigans, was just sayin'
            US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Yes, they are voting on the tax payers footing the bill for the track they are building.

I don't see how this is any different than any other sports venue. Granted, tax payers don't foot the whole bill. But they foot quite a bit of it.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
                There are a lot of environmentalists there and it can prohibit progress. Is the track even within the city limits?
                I don't believe so. I was thinking it was southwest of town.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

The promoter/owner of the track has a "tentative" date for next year. He is trying to get the state and city of Austin to loan money for the "Bernie fee" ($25Million a year for 10 years) and get Austin to front the money for a sales tax rebate. Problem is they don't have a firm date...and the TX fund for these events won't allow them to cut a check more than 12 months from the date of the event.

Not to mention, they have broken ground on the site with ZERO environmental impact study, TNRCC review or Aquifer recharge district review. Basically, one rich asshole trying to get the state to pay for his playground.

I keep finding it funny they keep mentioning the "research viability" of the track for schools like TU and A&M. A&M has a track 8 miles from Campus and they haven't ever had any interest in it because they have their own facilities on campus.

Lots of people praying it puts money in their personal pockets....but we will ALL end up paying for it. There are reasons Long Beach, New Jersey, INDY and others don't want shit to do with this race and the morons in Austin ain't listening. typical rich Texan egos thinking they can do it better or force somone else to pay for it.

Comment

The primary problem is Austin isn't big enough for this to happen.

There are only 37000 hotel rooms in Austin...where are 250,000 people going to stay? Bergstrum can't handle the capacity, so they fly into Dallas, SA, Houston....and rent cars from those cities and the tourism taxes go to those cities. This is a winner for the state as they get all the STATE taxes...it's a loss for Austin as they have to pay for the Police, fire, water and sewer impact...and apparently to build the track too.

I'm with the hippies on this one. Make the owner foot the entire bill or get the fuck out.

Comment

I'd like to see the GP races there though.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                        I'd like to see the GP races there though.
                        i'd like to race there, i'd like to rent the track and hold events there....I just don't think it's a good deal for the city of Austin or the tax payers of Texas.

Comment

oh i completely agree.. i just would love to be able to drive 3 hours to a GP venue!

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            I don't believe so. I was thinking it was southwest of town.
                            southeast, near the airport.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              Yes, they are voting on the tax payers footing the bill for the track they are building.
                              Jerry Jones says this is an OUTRAGE!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X