Vacation Sales / timeshares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacation Sales / timeshares

So my wife got haggled into going to one of these Timeshare vaction things tomorrow that is suppose to last 90 minutes. We are suppose to get $100 Visa gift card and a 3 day vacation stay at one of there resorts.

Has anyone ever made it through one of these things? Any suggestions

Leave checkbook and credit cards at home.

Comment

I stayed in Time Square for New Years and they offered me $200 (cash) or 30,000 Hilton points (I stayed at the Hilton in Time Square). I went for 90 minutes, seemed interested then said no thanks, oh and made $200. It was great. That entire trip was points driven and if it wasn't for money for sight seeing and food I would've made money.. ha
      Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

I've done it a few times for the free stuff. Ranger tickets, gift cards, etc. Just remember to say, NO.

I have no intention of buying into there pitch but I do give them the respect of listening for the 90 minutes. At 90 minutes, I excuse myself.

Comment

They suck. We went one time and it is a hassle to use the free vacations. We ended up not using them.
          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

I would be sure they give you the gift card at the presentation, and not some by mail in a few weeks thing. The trip more than likely will be worthless.

Comment

Don't go.. Screw the free stuff, it isn't worth it.

Comment

I own a Disney timeshare, you can get time at about 600 different places all over the world. My wife wanted it because she loves that place. Seems fine so far, it is good for 50 years. I can stay about eight to ten days a year in a condo at any Disney resort and it comes out to around $1000 for those ten days but increases a few percentage points every year. You can't book a hotel room there for that many days for $1000 unless you stay in some shithole in August. I already did that, it fucking sucks.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

We did one in Vegas about 10 years ago and we get phone calls and junk mail every week from someone wanting to buy our timeshare. I always ask them what they'll give me for it and where is it.
                  sigpic
                  Old Fords Rule

Comment

Thanks for the input, I already have my mind made up about saying NO. Timeshares are not for me anyway. I think that when my wife heard about the free stay at Great Wolf Lodge, she wanted to get it for our kids. From what I've researched on the web is that they say it’s a 90 minute sale pitch but to be prepared for a four hour high pressure sales pitch game.

I was thinking about pulling that stunt in the movie "Step Brothers" where he farts in the interview, to see what the sales person would do! Or do something crazy while there giving the pitch. Although those people are just trying to make a buck, so I may not and just mind my manners.

Comment

Originally posted by Markus View Post
                      Thanks for the input, I already have my mind made up about saying NO. Timeshares are not for me anyway. I think that when my wife heard about the free stay at Great Wolf Lodge, she wanted to get it for our kids. From what I've researched on the web is that they say it’s a 90 minute sale pitch but to be prepared for a four hour high pressure sales pitch game.

I was thinking about pulling that stunt in the movie "Step Brothers" where he farts in the interview, to see what the sales person would do! Or do something crazy while there giving the pitch. Although those people are just trying to make a buck, so I may not and just mind my manners.
                      What are you, 5?
                      Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by Markus View Post

The fart thing is a good move, load up with tuna fish, ramen noodles and boiled eggs for breakfast that day and you should be out of there in no time.
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                        X