Doc vs. Bob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc vs. Bob

So I had to get a simple Psych evaluation for an elective surgery so that insurance would pay. It is a simple question session that last about 30 min. The first doctor I set up with called and said that they do not accept my insurance. I said ok how much would it be without insurance. They said $120.

I found another one that accepted my insurance and paid my $25 deductible and they charged my insurance.

My insurance sends me copies of what they pay the doctors. The doctor charged the insurance $800 effin dollars.

Have doctors and medical places ever realized that maybe if they weren't so crooked the government wouldn't need to get involved? Why should a doctor/hospital/ etc charge the insurance more than it charges a non insurance customer? They should charge a flat rate regardless of how you pay.

And we wonder why insurance premiums are going up all the time.
    /rant
    www.dfwdirtriders.com

The insurance company will only end up paying what the agreed upon amount is.

What is pissing me off right now is all the extra bills I am getting from a ER visit for my son 6 weeks ago.

I paid $150 at the hospital, then received a bill from the hospital for another $120, and then yesterday I got another bill for $113 for something else. All of that just for a couple of stitches.

Shit is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post

What is pissing me off right now is all the extra bills I am getting from a ER visit for my son 6 weeks ago.

I paid $150 at the hospital, then received a bill from the hospital for another $120, and then yesterday I got another bill for $113 for something else.

Shit is ridiculous.
      is your boy ok?

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post

I paid $150 at the hospital, then received a bill from the hospital for another $120, and then yesterday I got another bill for $113 for something else.

Shit is ridiculous.
        I understand that but it gives the insurance companies an excuse to raise premiums. It is out of control they way they bill and the prices they charge. If anything they just need to control how they bill so it is not so damn confusing.
        www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Doctors got bills and insurance too!
          Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
          Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
            is your boy ok?

god bless.
            Yes. It was just a deep scratch from falling.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
              Doctors got bills and insurance too!
              I think you are missing the point of my rant.
              www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

yup....my wife had surgery a while back, nothing too major and we got a bill for $500, then another bill for $150, and then were being sent to collection for a bill of 130 that was never even sent to us..... and as i type this i realize i might sent to collections for a 2.50 bill that i havent sent them a payment on.....keep forgetting to send that one off.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                  So I had to get a simple Psych evaluation for an elective surgery so that insurance would pay. It is a simple question session that last about 30 min. The first doctor I set up with called and said that they do not accept my insurance. I said ok how much would it be without insurance. They said $120.

I found another one that accepted my insurance and paid my $25 deductible and they charged my insurance.

My insurance sends me copies of what they pay the doctors. The doctor charged the insurance $800 effin dollars.

Have doctors and medical places ever realized that maybe if they weren't so crooked the government wouldn't need to get involved? Why should a doctor/hospital/ etc charge the insurance more than it charges a non insurance customer? They should charge a flat rate regardless of how you pay.

/rant
                  Exactly. You wanna fix healthcare? Charge RETAIL pricing to everyone, just like every other business does. Doctor gets paid $100 an hour, then you pay $100 per hour that he worked on you. Also, they need to break the bill down and show you exactly what you are paying for, they hide their insane charges in general terms. Oh, then they couldn't charge $50 for a box of Kleenex.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                    yup....my wife had surgery a while back, nothing too major and we got a bill for $500, then another bill for $150, and then were being sent to collection for a bill of 130 that was never even sent to us..... and as i type this i realize i might sent to collections for a 2.50 bill that i havent sent them a payment on.....keep forgetting to send that one off.
                    My sister had some sent to collection after being in the ER from a car accident. She was hit by a drunk driver and had all bills settled in court that she knew of. However, there were a few bills under $50 that never got sent to her and she had no clue they existed. Once she she found out she called about them, the hospital said we don't mail out bills under $x amount. However, they report them when not paid.
                    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

/rant
                      What I have been told... is that they must charge more if it goes through insurance because they only expect to get 40% of what is owed them by the insurance company.

Comment

I think you are missing the point of my rant.
                        I am no doctor but I know insurance ain't cheap. Maybe the $120 was a cash price that bypassed dealign witht he insurance company and all that jazz. Who knows. I guess I don't really care because I never go to the doctor and when I do it is always paid for by my insurance.
                        Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Not that I don't agree with everyone in here, but you do realize that it costs more to bill insurance. The dr's office is just covering their overhead.

Getting $120 out of you at the time of the visit is a lot easier and faster than getting payment out of the ins. co. Maybe not $800 worth, but it is more costly and time consuming dealing with ins. companies.
                          G'Day Mate

Comment

I am no doctor but I know insurance ain't cheap. Maybe the $120 was a cash price that bypassed dealign witht he insurance company and all that jazz. Who knows. I guess I don't really care because I never go to the doctor and when I do it is always paid for by my insurance.
                            Mine was too. I was just astonished when I saw how much they charged the insurance.
                            www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Me too, and I have a Cadillac health plan.

Comment

Working...
                              X