Better than your dad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my real dad is a fucking joke, seriously

my step dad though is a great man and the reason i am not like most kids from east dallas/pleasant grove

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
      Never knew who my real father was
      your mum never told you about me. Figures!

Comment

I've been very blessed to have awesome parents. My dad flew fighters in the Marine Corps before he flew buses for Delta, always provided for the family, was always there to talk to, is my best friend, and his defining characteristics are faith, honesty, and integrity.

I still remember him helping one of his long-time Marine buddies (who wasn't even at the house) fix a toilet and some minor plumbing work at his buddy's rent house and while we were there sweating it out I asked him why we were doing this...his reply.."Because he's my friend and he asked for my help."
        Ford
        GM
        Toyota
        VAG

Comment

Originally posted by built2layframe View Post
          your mum never told you about me. Figures!
          Give me a mustang and well call it even.
          Originally posted by talisman
          I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
          Originally posted by AdamLX
          If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          Because fuck you, that's why
          Originally posted by 80coupe
          nice dick, Idrivea4banger
          Originally posted by Rick Modena
          ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
          Originally posted by Jester
          Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Yesterday was 9 years since mine passed away. I would not say I am a "better" man, but I have made some smarter decisions through his guidance. That's the way it should be though to teach our kids to be better than we are/were and do everything we can to help them do so. Though he worked a lot, the quality time we spent together doing things are hard wired in my memory so I never take for granted even the simplest time I spend with my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Dawkins View Post
              I spend everyday trying to be nothing like my dad.
              Me too, but he is dead.

Comment

My dad is a great guy. I take him with his faults, gladly. He is fun and cool to hang out with, he's really just one of the guys. I got all my car knowledge from him and my great hairline too.

My stepdad is also a great guy. He has no kids of his own, but stepped up and raised me. We used to be pretty tense around each other but he loosened up a bunch... that, or I just grew up. He treats my mom awesome too, I really like that.

I guess I'm luckier than most, I have two great dads that have shown me completely different ways to be a good man. Am I better than them? No. Do I measure up to them in some ways? I hope.

Looking forward to seeing both of em tomorrow...
                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

If I can ever be half the man my Dad was, I'll consider that a great accomplishment. I try every day to live up to the examples he set for me. He was everything a Dad should be: mentor, leader, coach, friend, but most of all, he was a Dad and not just a father.
                  "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

My dad has never really been the kind of Guy to tell me he loves me and used to give me spanking after spanking as a kid. After growing up and realizing I deserved every one of them, it made me a better person and know how much he really does love me. He is 77 now and the times he does actually satire I freak out thinking something is wrong with him. He was in law enforcement for 47 years and he is definitely my hero. I hope I can make the same impact on my son as he has had on me.

Comment

I'm a new dad as of February this year, so I'm still learning. I honestly can't say I'm a better father than my dad. He has always been there for me, and really helped me become who I am today. I couldn't ask for a better father. Hopefully I can be as good a father to my son as he was, and is to me.

Comment

I'm working to be a better person than my dad, which is next to impossible. I do have some things working in my favor- I've been told I'm just like him.

On a side note - I haven't received any notices asking me to be a guest on the Maury show.... so I guess I'm not a father yet.

Comment

I don't think that I'll ever be the man that my dad is.
                          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

My dad married a woman with two kids, raised them, put them through college, paid all their bills (still pays some), put their kids through college (4), and didn't squirt me out until he was nearly 40.

He is a happy man, but I am different because of this. There is no way I'll ever be able to top him, especially since I'm not having any kids. Watching this man pummel his own self interests in order to please so many has altered my preception, and made me one selfish sonnovabitch.

Oh the irony.

Comment

Now it is starting to make sense why this board is so twisted. Some of us are having Daddy issues.Racewerx dad = not good.

Comment

Working...
                              X