Hard decision. Help me out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
    If you try to keep the car and get a bike, you will become bored of the car really quick.
    Think of it as having a wife and picking up a hot ass GF, who you gonna hang out with more?
    G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
      since when did liter bikes/sport bikes start getting 40-50 mpg?

all my buddies with sport bikes say they are lucky to get 35
      Mine gets 35 mpg regardless of how I ride it. I've gone full tucked in and cruised at 70-75 for most of a tank and it didn't make a difference.

If you want to save on gas get something slow. A Sportster or a Bonneville will get 45+, you won't be racing everyone in town and it won't get stolen.

Comment

Supercharger. Avoid the bike at all costs.
        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
        dont downshift!!
        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Supercharger. I had a bike when I was 18, it's not near as cost effective as you think.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
            Think of it as having a wife and picking up a hot ass GF, who you gonna hang out with more?
            Lol, true dat!
            Ded

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
              If you try to keep the car and get a bike, you will become bored of the car really quick.
              x2 i had a heads/cam t/a that i really liked until i bought my 2005 gsxr750 (back in 2006). the car would literally sit for weeks at a time until i finally gave up and sold it to buy a decent daily driver.

i rode A LOT at first and eventually it started to taper off. i had a few friends that went down hard, one or two that didn't recover and it started to get to me. i will always love to ride but in dfw the risk vs. reward is hard to ignore. towards the end i found myself worrying while riding more then actually enjoying riding. i made the decision to sell my bike and bought another fast car and couldn't be happier (granted I have a daily driver as well).

dont discount the hidden cost of bikes btw, tires are expensive and wear out pretty quick, chains, sprockets, brake pads, insurance, etc. coupled with realistically only getting 30-35mpg's (premium fuel) doesn't really pan out to any tangible savings over the car and when it is super hot outside it is super hot on the bike and when it is super cold out side...well, i can promise you won't be going too far on the bike.

take the money, buy a daily driver, pull the 32v/t45 while it is still in good condition, sell it, use that money to buy lsx/t56!

Comment

Whichever one your parents will buy you.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Doesn't matter. They're both poor decisions that will continue to provide us with copious amounts of future entertainment. Win/Win!

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                    x2 i had a heads/cam t/a that i really liked until i bought my 2005 gsxr750 (back in 2006). the car would literally sit for weeks at a time until i finally gave up and sold it to buy a decent daily driver.

i rode A LOT at first and eventually it started to taper off. i had a few friends that went down hard, one or two that didn't recover and it started to get to me. i will always love to ride but in dfw the risk vs. reward is hard to ignore. towards the end i found myself worrying while riding more then actually enjoying riding. i made the decision to sell my bike and bought another fast car and couldn't be happier (granted I have a daily driver as well).

dont discount the hidden cost of bikes btw, tires are expensive and wear out pretty quick, chains, sprockets, brake pads, insurance, etc. coupled with realistically only getting 30-35mpg's (premium fuel) doesn't really pan out to any tangible savings over the car and when it is super hot outside it is super hot on the bike and when it is super cold out side...well, i can promise you won't be going too far on the bike.

take the money, buy a daily driver, pull the 32v/t45 while it is still in good condition, sell it, use that money to buy lsx/t56!

Yup, I had a 575rwhp turbo fox when I got my first bike( 04 gsxr600) The mustang was quick but the bike took all of my attention.
                    Ded

Comment

If you do get a bike, do yourself a favor and start with a 600. They are plenty fast, especially if you learn how to ride. When I used to ride I started out on a 250 at your age, then moved up to a 600 after about 20k miles experience and I still almost wrecked my 600 many times and did eventually crash it being stupid.
                      Out of the 4 wrecks I've had on motorcycles, only 1 was my fault but they all hurt. Something to think about.
                      Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                      Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Buy a bike so we can all console your girlfriend when you crash and die / become a quad. Look on the bright side - some of our members would probably graffiti the street in your honor...

Comment

Working...
                        X