Wood Floors or Patio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood Floors or Patio

My wife is going to have surgery next week so I'm going to burn up some vacation time and stay home with her for about 2 weeks. I figured since I can't actually go somewhere might as well have some work done on the house. We've talked about installing wood floors in the house and also putting in a patio. We plan on having both done with in the next 8 months, but can only do one of them while I'm off.

We are getting a great deal on the patio which will be cement over Flagstone along with a rock bench and a pad for my smoker. The total cost of the patio is about $2800 and this deal is only good within the next two weeks. After that price goes up to about $4,000 if not more. If I do the patio I'll be forced to spend $1,200 on a smoker I've been eyeing. So total cost of patio and smoker will be $4,000.

The other option is wood floors in the house. This option will cost me about $6,000, but I think will come with bigger headaches. As my wife won't be able to help out moving furniture and other little things that need to be done. Plus she's going to be laid up in bed and I'm not sure how the guys working inside the house will effect her.

So which project would you do?
    Wood Floors
    0%
    Patio
    0%
    Leave the wife with MIL and go to vegas.
    0%

Vegas

But seriously, the patio. If she is laid up she won't wnat to listen to the wood floors being installed all day anyway.

Comment

Do the patio now and the floors in the fall. While you are doing the floors you will have a patio to go out and sit and ponder why you decided to take on the task of doing the floors.
      I think his point is that the fish got low balled, fucked in the catfish asshole and you paid half price. The worst part was the fish explaining to his fish friends why his asshole smelled like redneck

Comment

Patio!!!!!
        Big Rooster Racing
        85' Coupe
        sigpic

Comment

Patio it is. Sealed the deal by buying my smoker this afternoon. Pics coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Blame Canada View Post
            Do the patio now and the floors in the fall. While you are doing the floors you will have a patio to go out and sit and ponder why you decided to take on the task of doing the floors.
            LOL! Perfect.

Comment

How big a patio and what materials are you having put in?
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                How big a patio and what materials are you having put in?
                About 375sqft. Doing a cement pad covered in flagstone with a rock bench and a pad for my smoker.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain
                  My wife is going to have surgery next week so I'm going to burn up some vacation time and stay home with her for about 2 weeks. I figured since I can't actually go somewhere might as well have some work done on the house. We've talked about installing wood floors in the house and also putting in a patio. We plan on having both done with in the next 8 months, but can only do one of them while I'm off.

We are getting a great deal on the patio which will be cement over Flagstone along with a rock bench and a pad for my smoker. The total cost of the patio is about $2800 and this deal is only good within the next two weeks. After that price goes up to about $4,000 if not more. If I do the patio I'll be forced to spend $1,200 on a smoker I've been eyeing. So total cost of patio and smoker will be $4,000.

The other option is wood floors in the house. This option will cost me about $6,000, but I think will come with bigger headaches. As my wife won't be able to help out moving furniture and other little things that need to be done. Plus she's going to be laid up in bed and I'm not sure how the guys working inside the house will effect her.

So which project would you do?
                  try putting the flagstone over the cement, and it should look a lot better!

Comment

Working...
                  X