Cheap new car with good mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
    Just bought this Honda CRZ. I had a GMC Sierra 1500 SLT full 4 door loadad leather etc etc...
    Got tired of 88 dollar fill ups every 4 days! This is s Hybrid,electric/gas. 35/41 gas mileage!My GMC was getting 14.6 average.(stock GMC 5.3l)
    That average seems pretty low(unless it was a 4x4). None of mine(3 different 5.3 crew cabs) have ever had the average mileage that low.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
      Fuck VW in the ass.
      That aint no shit, got an 03 beetle in the shop with a burned up wiring harness to fuck with this week.

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
        That aint no shit, got an 03 beetle in the shop with a burned up wiring harness to fuck with this week.
        Was it the battery cables or the fan motors? I know they had a recall on those for one of those problems.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
          That average seems pretty low(unless it was a 4x4). None of mine(3 different 5.3 crew cabs) have ever had the average mileage that low.
          I drive an '08 sierra and get high 15's in the city. It sucks.

Comment

Most of VW's quality issues seem to stem from the Puebla, Mexico plant. The Jetta, New Beetle, and older Golf are all built there. I think the new Golfs are built in Germany. My wife had THREE New Beetle and they all had issues here or there but the last one (a convertable) was a POS. I haven't written off VW completely but I won't buy anything built at that new plant..

BTW, the next generation of the Passat will be built in VW's new Tennessee plant.

Comment

The CRZ is way out of budget...not a fan of hybrids either. A guy at my fiance's work got a loaded Kia Optima for $24k...heated and cooled seats, nav, heated steering wheel, etc. Hell, $24k would almost buy a very lightly used IS250 if you search hard enough.

Comment

Mazda 3. I had one a few weeks ago as a rental for 4 days. FUN car and not bad at all. in a 5spd, it would probably be fun as shit.

Shop well and I bet you could find one for 13k... If I bought a new commuter car right now it would be the fiesta or Mazda3.

Comment

Working...
                X