Good Luggage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Luggage?

With Black Friday coming up I'm really trying to find a good luggage set. Right now we have a cheap set that gets us by.

What are some good sets/brands that you would recommend?

I've heard the arguments of cheap luggage being sensible since it is cheap to replace, but I've gotten burned from it.

Personally, I've used and now prefer Samsonite. Of course I wait for good deals and so forth. Hell, with deals you can score good luggage for slightly more or equal cost to cheap luggage. The nice part is your stuff does not come into baggage claim all jacked up. Going on 7 or 8 years with medium travel on ours.

Only issue I have with Samsonite is it does seem to be a little heavy. With airline restrictions if you luggage starts out a little heavy it hurts you when packing.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I have some Samsonite and some American Tourister (sp) which are supposedly manufactured at the same place. Whether or not that is true, IDK, but they are both decent, the Samsonite being a little better.

There is an outlet store in Grapevine Mills.. Where there was, and they had some good deals when I bought mine.

Comment

"Whats his name? Slammy, Swappy, Sammy? Oh, its on the luggage. Samsonite! I was way off"

Comment

I have a set of Longchamp that I love and Kristen has a set of Briggs Riley that are really nice. We've put them through hell over the last four years and have had no issues.

TravelPro is another good option depending on what you want to spend.

Comment

Go to Grapevine Mills and the Dillards outlet has TUMI, that shit kicks ass! You can even pay them for a GPS service and they can locate your bags if lost/stolen. Lyn has used it many times when she travelled international alot. Most recently, she flew back from Florida, her luggage ended up in Lima Peru! TUMI found it, and had American airlines send it to our house.

Comment

Being a Jeep guy, I naturally bought a nice set of Jeep branded luggage at Wallyworld pretty damn cheap. It has wheels, a couple shaving/travel bags, and lots of zip pockets for miscellaneous. Pretty decent quality luggage for Wallyworld.

Comment

I have a couple of Briggs Riley bags that are very nice. They are a little pricey, but they will last for years.

Comment

Just bought a 3pc Samsonite Upright Set for $270 delivered! A 21", 25", & 29" with the spinner wheels.

Comment

Costco best cheapest sets by far also lifetime costco no questions asked guarantee return policy.
                    2006 Civic SI
                    2009 Pilot
                    1988 GT
                    CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Briggs and Riley if you travel a lot. If you don't, then just buy some Samsonite or whatever garbage you can get cheap. Tumi no longer has a lifetime warranty and can officially gobble a bowl of dicks.

Comment

Pelican Case.

Everything else sucks and will break, open up, smoosh, tear, wheels fall off, handle pull off, zippers rid off, etc.

<----ramp rat/bag smasher

Comment

I bought a Eddie Bauer bag from Target earlier this year and it has been more than great. It holds more than my roller bag and it doesn't get everything wrinkled like the roller bags do. The only down side is, it doesn't have wheels.

It is also durable. I have travelled with it probably 6 times and 1 of those trips being to KL, Malaysia.
                          Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                          Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Working...
                          X