Art Dealers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Art Dealers?

So my friend went to thrift store hunting and found a metal sculpture that turns out to be worth something around $2000-$5000. Anyone know how you would you go about authenticating it?

calling an art appraiser??

Comment

brb let me go get my monocle

Comment

Where's the damn antique road show when you need them!

This is what it is similair to.

A company called C. Jere made them but finding someone reputable local is a little difficult to find.

Comment

Where does this friend live? Where exactly is this "metal sculpture" at?

Comment

She bought the sculpture in Dallas at a thrift store for $10. She's a single mom going through rough times so it was awesome she came upon it.

Comment

Originally posted by ARIX View Post
              She bought the sculpture in Dallas at a thrift store for $10. She's a single mom going through rough times so it was awesome she came upon it.
              DAMNIT!!! Well... Wanna send some pictures my way? I might be able to help out. And not of the damn "metal sculpture"

Comment

LMAO-jackball

Comment

Originally posted by ARIX View Post
                  LMAO-jackball
                  What's a jackball? Also I'm doing a little research to try and find someone.

Comment

How big is it? Can she lug it out?

Comment

Jackball like jack in the box. Its about 2-3 ft so its not extraordinarily big. I saw one that was about 4-5ft going for about $6000.

And on a side note I may need an estimate on some stained concrete. I checked your link.

Comment

Pawn Stars...
                        They'll offer you 250 dollars "cash money"! Even though it just got valued
                        between 2500-5000 Dollars.

Comment

She can take it to a museum and they can point her in the right direction. Hell a lot of them have people there that can do it.

Just shoot me a PM with what you want and how much sqft you have.

Comment

Originally posted by 564826 View Post
                            Pawn Stars...
                            They'll offer you 250 dollars "cash money"! Even though it just got valued
                            between 2500-5000 Dollars.
                            "the market is just real soft right now for metal sculptures"
                            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Working...
                            X