• Show
Clear All

Tahoe

2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

2011 GMC Terrain SLT2

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2

Comment

I have an '08 Yukon Denali and I love it. I get the new car itch all the time, but having this Yukon for 2.5 years now and 50k miles with zero issues (besides one door lock actuator fixed under warranty), I just can't get rid of it. It still feels, drives, and looks new and is like riding a comfortable recliner down the road. Perfect daily driver. The 6.2L is an ass-kicker too and I'm averaging just under 16mpg with 70% fast highway driving. Not bad at all IMO for what it is.
      Ford
      GM
      Toyota
      VAG

Comment

Go with Lincoln Navigator

But all pros/cons aside, Tahoe is a better choice as far as a vehicle
        Ride, motor, gas mileage, etc

But I refuse to support GM with everything going on in the present

Just to say, I have a '09 F150 Supercrew King Ranch w/ 5.4 and over 150k miles and NO problems with it so far....Just normal maintenance

Comment

Tahoe.

I have a Denali and I truly love my car. I drove an Eddie Bower Expedition a few times and the ONLY thing I liked about it was the 3rd row seats fold down into the floor instead of on the Tahoe/Denali you have to take them out and they're not exactly light. The expedition feels like driving a big box.

Comment

depends on what yr models your looking at? new or used?

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
              My MIL went from a 08 expy to a 09 Denali. Both were 2wd and the denali actually got better overall fuel economy. Not only that, it handled better, rode better, and the trade in value was amazing compared to the expedition. She traded it in at the end of last year on a avalanche and it was almost a straight up trade.

I'm a die hard ford guy, but if I'm going gas powered it will be a gm. A good friend had the timing chain in his 07 F150 with 98k miles break a few weeks ago and it wiped out the valves in one head. My brother has a 00 5.3 truck with 260k miles on the original motor, and I know of a ton of other trucks just like that. I don't know of a 5.4 with that kind of miles that hasn't had serious issues.
              I have 240K miles in my 5.4L F150 with the original drive train and wheel bearings being only PITA I've dealt with. I'm on my 3rd set of spark plugs with zero issues.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_sep View Post
                depends on what yr models your looking at? new or used?
                New
                2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

Put both units on a lift and look under them. Expedition wins on everything. Besides, I thought this was a FORD Mustang forum.

Comment

I just couldn't see taking the hit on a brand new SUV... they lose so much value in the first year, and the GM trucks still share the same body style. i'd just buy a nice used one
                    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Tahoe = Sexy
                      Expedition = Hideous

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                        I just couldn't see taking the hit on a brand new SUV... they lose so much value in the first year, and the GM trucks still share the same body style. i'd just buy a nice used one
                        I scored a heck of a deal on my new Denali in the midst of the gas crisis back in '08. Paid 38k plus ttl and 1500 in GM card earnings for a truck that stickered at 54k. I was pretty happy with that especially since it's still worth 30k+ with 50k miles. They really seem to hold their value.
                        Ford
                        GM
                        Toyota
                        VAG

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra86 View Post
                          Put both units on a lift and look under them. Expedition wins on everything. Besides, I thought this was a FORD Mustang forum.
                          Fuel economy, resale value and styling. Things Ford has never had. Unless it's a Fox +5k.

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                            I scored a heck of a deal on my new Denali in the midst of the gas crisis back in '08. Paid 38k plus ttl and 1500 in GM card earnings for a truck that stickered at 54k. I was pretty happy with that especially since it's still worth 30k+ with 50k miles. They really seem to hold their value.
                            the GM's DEFINITELY hold better than the fords... only Ford SUV I would consider would be a diesel excursion.
                            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

the GM's DEFINITELY hold better than the fords... only Ford SUV I would consider would be a diesel excursion.
                              With the 7.3 or 6.0?
                              2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra86 View Post
                                being brand loyal must suck...
                                same here
                                Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
                                With the 7.3 or 6.0?
                                i would go with the 7.3, of course not near as powerful as the 6.0, but not near the amount of problems either

Comment

Working...
                                X