Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

trying to figure the best way to give notice..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying to figure the best way to give notice..

I was wondering if any of you might have a suggestion on this.

As I stated last Friday, I got a new job. Today I'm going to give my notice. The challenge is that I work from home. My boss is in Tennessee and his boss is in Michigan. None of them are reachable by phone this morning.

I think it is important to mention that I'm not interested in burning any bridges. I might want to work for this company again in the future. I'm leaving mainly due to money and a lack of growth potential. I'm also a little ticked that I got a promotion that had no pay increase or new responsibilities.

It's funny, my boss actually said that my promotion would "Look good on my resume". On Friday I found out that he was right....

It's amazing how fast they'll be available by phone after you e-mail a resignation letter.

Comment

Don't quit over email....send an email requesting a call time today for important news you have for them. this way you do it like a man, I have done the email quitting before and felt like a pussy for some time so don't do it that way. good luck and congrats on your new gig (I work from home to, it kicks ass)

Comment

I would also not resign over email. I would put in call-after-call and leave messages that, though not an emergency, they need to reach you asap.

Comment

Text msg.
          G'Day Mate

Comment

Tell the secretary to relay a msg that you quit because you can't ever get ahold of your bosses.

Comment

Congrats to you. Yeah, that's the HP way to give "promotions" on paper. Heck, that was the EDS way too. Such a joke.

Comment

Send an email setting up a call, if they are 'too busy' then send it by email. Make an attempt to handle it the way you want to, but don't put your own schedule off.

Comment

In my opinion, regardless of how you break the initial news - be sure to send an email that has your final day of employment in it. That way it is documented for you.

I always do it via email with follow-up phone conversations. The email needs to be cordial, and fairly short. I do outline why I'm resigning, but I also (if appropriate ) talk up people in it and end it at that.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Send a letter via us postal service. It's always realiable and is the greatest mail service in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                      Congrats to you. Yeah, that's the HP way to give "promotions" on paper. Heck, that was the EDS way too. Such a joke.
                      Sounds like my company too.

Recently was asked if I was interested in taking a different position that would be managing a small global team, making sure they're doing their tasks, being responsible for the group, but not a manager title.

When I asked what the pay difference would be for managing this group, I was told none. Yea... NO thank you on that.

Comment

Well I finally got in touch with my boss. He spent the first five minutes picking his jaw up off the floor... he offered to counter but he realized he can't beat the number I was offered.. he certainly can't beat the very well defined bonus structure..

I have been 140% billable for the last two years. I got a "K" rating on my last two reviews. That is HP's highest review rating and only two other people on our team (150 people) got that kind of review. My bonus was pathetic and there was no Merit based pay increase because HP's CEO decided to rescind the paycuts we got two years ago. That, the promotion BS, and my pathetic assignments finally made me pull the trigger and start looking...

The only question right now is whether I can sell my excess vacation time back to HP..

Comment

You only have to quit to one person. Call that one person and, if you cannot get ahold of that person, leave a specific message/voice mail to call back immediately/by a certain time. If that time passes, call again after and leave another message followed with an email. After that, fuck em.
                          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                          dont downshift!!
                          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Don't quit. Just double dip until they find out you have another job.
                            I think his point is that the fish got low balled, fucked in the catfish asshole and you paid half price. The worst part was the fish explaining to his fish friends why his asshole smelled like redneck

Comment

Originally posted by Blame Canada View Post
                              Don't quit. Just double dip until they find out you have another job.
                              G'Day Mate

Comment

Working...
                              X