Car title transfer to family member questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car title transfer to family member questions

Can anyone confirm if the only charge is a transfer fee and no sales tax fee? How much is the vehicle transfer fee? Im gifting the vehicle to my mother (99 Ford Ranger), TIA.

call the DMV

Comment

^^^^^ this.

i need to know also. I have a 99 ranger im gifting to my dad. No shit.

Comment

What steps should I follow to give a vehicle as a gift to a friend or relative?

Please give the recipient your (signed) negotiable title and request that the recipient complete a title application (form VTR 130-U), which must be provided to their county tax office.

Effective September 1, 2009, when a motor vehicle is transferred as a result of a gift, the title application must be accompanied by the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts Form 14-317, Affidavit of Motor Vehicle Gift Transfer. The donor and recipient must both sign the affidavit and title application. The "$10 Gift Tax" only applies to a person who receives the vehicle from a:

Spouse
        Parent or Stepparent
        Grandparent or Grandchild
        Child or Stepchild
        Sibling
        Guardian
        A decedent’s estate
        A vehicle donated to or given by a Nonprofit IRC Sec. 501(c)(3)
        On the title application, the recipient who qualifies should check the "$10 Gift Tax - Affidavit required. Use Comptroller Form 14-317." box found in Section 21. The recipient will have to provide proof of auto insurance at the county tax office to register the vehicle.

Comment

$35.50 transfer fee, $10 gift tax, registration if expired and notary fees for the gift tax signatures.

Comment

Originally posted by thesource View Post
            $35.50 transfer fee, $10 gift tax, registration if expired and notary fees for the gift tax signatures.
            2x Just did one Friday.

If reg is expired, you have to renew on spot.
            2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

2011 GMC Terrain SLT2

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2

Comment

Cool. Thanx for the info.

Comment

Working...
              X