No announcement yet.

autozone or oreily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For fuck's sake. It's ADVICE. I don't go to either of those stores if I can help it. Most of my shopping is done online, even if I need it. I'd pay overnight shipping before I let one of those "parts" guys grab me something off the shelf for a 200% markup.

Comment

The people at my local O's are much more competent than the Vatozone mouth breathers. Though I mostly shop at NAPA, and I have only praises for those guys. They are professionals.

Comment

Oreilly hands down over Vatzone. They are my last resort if no one else has the parts in stock.

Comment

NAPA is my preference, but there isn't one nearby, they rarely have the part I need in stock, and they are pricey. But their parts are the best.

O'Reillys is my store of choice. There are four of these stores on my way to NAPA and one of them is a hub. The parts are decent, prices are decent, and I get a discount.

AutoZone is the fucking pits. Cheap parts guaranteed to be wrong or require immediate replacement.

Pep Boys is AutoZone with tires and a garage for suckers in the back.
          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

i called my local autozone, looking for a part for my truck...the parts guy asked if i had the 5.9 v6 or v8; i told him neither and explained that it's an inline 6. (05 dodge diesel) he argued with me and said that it's a v6; i almost drove up there to have him point out anything that looked like a "v", but i figured that i was better off going elsewhere for the part and saving myself the headache of returning it, when it would have, without a doubt, turned out to be wrong...

Comment

i like how i don't have to stand in two different lines at o'reillys, one line to look up parts and one to actually buy the part

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                i like how i don't have to stand in two different lines at o'reillys, one line to look up parts and one to actually buy the part
                qft
                G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by jasonw_2005 View Post
                  was just wondering which one yall thought was better.
                  Auto Zone fool!!! They provide you with ALL the stuff you need to change out your own alternator in the rain!!
                  Originally posted by Vertnut
                  I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                    I work at the zone and even I know some of the stuff we sell is junk, but we have our advantages.

Every employee is polite to customers, they may be tards but they atleast try, to me that's all that matters. You can't expect to have professionals sell you parts because the pay isnt there. While they should have general knowledge don't get pissed if they don't know something. They are there to sell parts, and do what the computer says.

At oriellys they can't ever find parts under warranty, the prices are higher the warranty is shorter, and the employees are just as smart as Autozone but they feel like they're smarter and treat customers like shit and are not as helpful.
                    No offense to you, as I don't know you and probably never been to the autozone you work at. Every autozone I have been in hires what look like 16yo thugs that try and tell you whats best for your car. Everything there is junk, regardless if it has a warranty. I can take a shit and put a warranty on it, but its still shit. Oreilys tends to have more level headed people where I live. Mainly because I believe they hire more mature people and have less of a turnover rate. I have never once had an employee tell me I should get something else instead of what I was wanting. Happens every time I have been into autozone.

Comment

I prefer O'reilleys. The O'reilly's near my house (Hurst) seems to have a lower turnover rate, and more knowledgeable employees compared to Autozone. Plus it seems like everytime I go to Autozone, I have to wait forever because some retarded shit head needs an employee to put their fucking wiper blades on. I know its not the stores fault, other than the fact they seem to attract more retarded customers than O'Reilleys. That shit is annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
                        i called my local autozone, looking for a part for my truck...the parts guy asked if i had the 5.9 v6 or v8; i told him neither and explained that it's an inline 6. (05 dodge diesel) he argued with me and said that it's a v6; i almost drove up there to have him point out anything that looked like a "v", but i figured that i was better off going elsewhere for the part and saving myself the headache of returning it, when it would have, without a doubt, turned out to be wrong...
                        In the computer it says 5.9l (the cubic inch) 6cyl turbo dielsel.

Probably didn't realize what an inline engine was, there are people out there that think most 4cyl cars are v4s.

Happens all the time.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
                          No offense to you, as I don't know you and probably never been to the autozone you work at. Every autozone I have been in hires what look like 16yo thugs that try and tell you whats best for your car. Everything there is junk, regardless if it has a warranty. I can take a shit and put a warranty on it, but its still shit. Oreilys tends to have more level headed people where I live. Mainly because I believe they hire more mature people and have less of a turnover rate. I have never once had an employee tell me I should get something else instead of what I was wanting. Happens every time I have been into autozone.
                          you will find few that actually have good people in them. I like to think the autozone Mike and I work at for the time being is better than our surrounding competition...Ive learned not to stereotype every store... some oreillys are good some are bad. and same goes for autozone... ive had some bad luck with both.
                          1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                            You can pay at the parts lookup pod at AZ with a card.

Anyone want a listing of who makes parts at AZ pm a fax number. Most of our parts are made by same conpanies as everyone else just privately branded.

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
                              Minimum hiring age is 18. Commercial stores is 21. Fyi

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                                1. Napa
                                2. O'Reily
                                3. AZ
                                yup

Comment

Working...
                                X