Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
    qft

I remember when parts guys knew numbers and could get you those parts quickly instead of having to play 20 questions with the computer to get an oil filter for a sbc.

If the parts guy didn't know the number or have the part he knew exactly where to look in his big ass books to get it and order it.
    those days are LONG gone. the way these cars are built now-a-days is rediculous.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowLX View Post
      Napa if it's importantish...whatever is closest for the little shit.
      X2 on Napa. I keep the invoices on anything i get in that vehicle.

Harrison, i put in about 4 years at S & S in the mid 80's,long before Stanley (the owner) was murdered. Madhouse to work in, but damn, we did have some fun there.

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
        At oriellys they can't ever find parts under warranty, the prices are higher the warranty is shorter, and the employees are just as smart as Autozone but they feel like they're smarter and treat customers like shit and are not as helpful.
        lol, never had any of those problems and I've been doing business with Oreillys for 20 years. There is a reason I used to drive 5 miles past AZ to get to oreillys.
        Vortex rear stand $75
        8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
        My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
        but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
        11 4 door
        13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

It's not called Vatozone for no reason.
          G'Day Mate

Comment

I can't vouch for S&S, but I sure miss real part stores. I usually look my stuff up before going in, and it is usually time well spent. I've just recently started using NAPA in Saginaw, and they seem pretty good. I worked in parts for about 12 years and got very spoiled to having a key and access to parts and paint 24 hours a day.
            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
            86 SVO - Sold
            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
              lol, never had any of those problems and I've been doing business with Oreillys for 20 years. There is a reason I used to drive 5 miles past AZ to get to oreillys.
              That just depends what store you go to on any given day. You might get lucky on either company and come to find they've got some shade tree mechanic who knows a decent amount and is working there for a 2nd job or some random reason to put up with shitty pay. Just like you can walk into auto parts store these days and find people who know less about cars than my grandmother. If I do find an Autozone or Oreilly's close by that has knowledgeable staff I don't care what logo they've got outside I'll go there if Napa is closed.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowLX View Post
                That just depends what store you go to on any given day. You might get lucky on either company and come to find they've got some shade tree mechanic who knows a decent amount and is working there for a 2nd job or some random reason to put up with shitty pay. Just like you can walk into auto parts store these days and find people who know less about cars than my grandmother. If I do find an Autozone or Oreilly's close by that has knowledgeable staff I don't care what logo they've got outside I'll go there if Napa is closed.
                That's a good point, and I don't depend on anyone working there to give me advice or automotive knowledge, I go in knowing exactly what I'm looking for. The Oreilly's that I do business with now has had pretty much the same staff for 5-6 years, which is also a plus, because I know who knows what they are talking about and who doesn't.

I like Napa too, if they were on every corner like AZ and OR I would more than likely take all my business to them.
                Vortex rear stand $75
                8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                11 4 door
                13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

The Oreilly's on 26 in North Richland Hills has always been pretty good for me. Most of the staff are pretty friendly and they are knowledgeable enough. Any times (which are rare) that I've had a problem, they were quick to make it right.
                  "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Eric confirmed it, O'Reilly's has the best customer service. He looked up an invoice for me from 7/'08 that I lost the receipt for so I could get my brake pads warrantied.

Thank you sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                      Eric confirmed it, O'Reilly's has the best customer service. He looked up an invoice for me from 7/'08 that I lost the receipt for so I could get my brake pads warrantied.

Thank you sir!
                      I just did a swap on a starter from 2001.

All they gave me was a phone number.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
                        That's a good point, and I don't depend on anyone working there to give me advice or automotive knowledge, I go in knowing exactly what I'm looking for. The Oreilly's that I do business with now has had pretty much the same staff for 5-6 years, which is also a plus, because I know who knows what they are talking about and who doesn't.

I like Napa too, if they were on every corner like AZ and OR I would more than likely take all my business to them.
                        I agree with you, never once did I think of calling a parts store for advise. Its shocking to see the large amount of people trying to fix stuff when they have no clue wtf is going on.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

I just did a swap on a starter from 2001.

All they gave me was a phone number.
                          These were bought though a commercial acct of a dealership that a board member used to work at.

That dealer's acct # had changed, I didn't use my phone number(obviously), couldn't remember the year of purchase or the exact store location, so it wasn't a simple case of I purchased something and lost the receipt but knew the number it was under.

Comment

I agree with you, never once did I think of calling a parts store for advise. Its shocking to see the large amount of people trying to fix stuff when they have no clue wtf is going on.
                            This is why you are constantly posting for advise in the Garage.

Comment

Originally posted by Racewerx View Post
                              This is why you are constantly posting for advise in the Garage.
                              Big Rooster Racing
                              85' Coupe
                              sigpic

Comment

There's an Autozone, O'reilley's, and a Napa by my house. The Napa sucks. They never have anything I need, and their prices are high. Autozone has too much ghetto shit to sift through. O'reilley's has been the best of the three for me.

Sometimes Pep Boys is the only one who has certain odds and ends, like fasteners and shit. They have a much larger selection web it comes to that stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X