• Time
  • Show
Clear All

tali in 3....2.....1........
    Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
    http://www.titantowing.net
    -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
      Same cheap ass shit, same moronic parts guys.

For all your autoparts needs:

S & S Auto Supply
      3411 Miller Avenue, Fort Worth, TX 76119-1993 (817) 534-3221 ‎

Its a real autoparts store, its in the middle of the ghetto, but I pass both an orielly's and an autozone every time I go there. Absolutely worth the drive from where ever you are in fort worth, and I've seen prices 1/3 of what oriellys would want.

Prime example. I needed a new ignition (the keyed ignition switch) for the Malibu. $30 from oriely's. I saw on the screen they had a chrome one, and a black one. Who would pick chrome? Not me. They said they couldnt sell me the black one, because It wasnt made anymore. I drove to S&S, and bought a black malibu ignition for $10.
      S & S has been a good source of new old stock parts for years. A+++++

Comment

Neither if I can help it, but usually Oreilly's because it is near my house. At least I don't mind going there to buy oil and shit like that.

As far as actual parts go, Oreilly's, Autozone, and Advance Auto Parts are all full of idiots. I have been driving since I was 16, and have had 4 or 5 vehicles, and not once have I ever been able to get the correct shocks the first time from ANY of those places listed above. EVERY single time I have gone down to the store, bought shocks, and when I get home and get the old ones off I find out they gave me the wrong fucking ones, so I have to take the old shocks with me back to the store to show them what the fuck they are supposed to look like, and how long they should be. Just happened last month to my dad on my mom's jeep. They are all retards.
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Seems like ever time I go to Orielly they have to order the part I need.

Comment

Autozone hires anyone with a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
              Autozone hires anyone with a heartbeat.
              Troof!

Comment

I work at the zone and even I know some of the stuff we sell is junk, but we have our advantages.

Every employee is polite to customers, they may be tards but they atleast try, to me that's all that matters. You can't expect to have professionals sell you parts because the pay isnt there. While they should have general knowledge don't get pissed if they don't know something. They are there to sell parts, and do what the computer says.

At oriellys they can't ever find parts under warranty, the prices are higher the warranty is shorter, and the employees are just as smart as Autozone but they feel like they're smarter and treat customers like shit and are not as helpful.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

1. Napa
                  2. O'Reily
                  3. AZ

Comment

I go to the dealer first but if O'reilly's has the same part and it's OE I'll go there as long as they are cheaper. With jobber pricing the dealers are usually very competitive.

Comment

It doesnt matter what place you go to! Service doesnt exist anymore anywhere & that incudes parts stores & everything else in life.
                      GOD BLESS TEXAS
                      August Landscaping
                      214-779-7278
                      Seb's high class.
                      He'll mow your grass.
                      He'll kick your ass.
                      And while his kidney stones pass,
                      He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Years ago, I was a part-time PMS at the Zone. Way too many customers think parts people are certified mechanics, and would come in needing "advice". You will not get very good technical advice at Autozone. For what it's worth, I never have at O'Reilly's either.

Comment

I prefer autozone but end up at Oreilly's more often because its closer. Like the young'n said above, Oreilly's has a hard time keeping crap under my name for warranty so I either keep the reciept or got to Autozone. Autozone seems to be cheaper in every way though, both price and quality, but I like their store layout.

If Im really being frugal or I can wait then Ill go to rockauto.com, best prices I have seen and they carry everything. If I can wait then Ill go through them.

Comment

never had any problem finding warranty at oreillys but i've had the same number since 01......

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                              I prefer autozone but end up at Oreilly's more often because its closer. Like the young'n said above, Oreilly's has a hard time keeping crap under my name for warranty so I either keep the reciept or got to Autozone. Autozone seems to be cheaper in every way though, both price and quality, but I like their store layout.

If Im really being frugal or I can wait then Ill go to rockauto.com, best prices I have seen and they carry everything. If I can wait then Ill go through them.
                              I use rockauto.com myself for most OEM (Motorcraft) replacement parts.

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
                                It doesnt matter what place you go to! Service doesnt exist anymore anywhere & that incudes parts stores & everything else in life.
                                qft

I remember when parts guys knew numbers and could get you those parts quickly instead of having to play 20 questions with the computer to get an oil filter for a sbc.

If the parts guy didn't know the number or have the part he knew exactly where to look in his big ass books to get it and order it.
                                G'Day Mate

Comment

Working...
                                X