Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$5000-ish to spend on nieces mustang- which would you choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought this was her 1st car?

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
      then step it up to a safer car like a volvo
      I want a mid 90s 850 T-5. :/

A wagon would be sweet too, but those things are gigantic turds.
      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
        Thought this was her 1st car?
        First that she gets to pick and pay for

Comment

I wouldn't buy either of those mustangs, surely you can find a better V6 for that price.

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
            Trying to help my bro in law that doesn't know shit about cars. He wants to spend around 5,000 for her first car. I've found these two so far- which would you choose for a 16 yr old girl?

1. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ht_28295wt_948

2. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_4781wt_948
            I know AJ's Nice cars who has the second for sale, I would keep looking

Comment

I have a super nice 02 4 door civic 120k miles auto Ill sell ya for 4000

Comment

She's on her third car and is 16?

Comment

Another vote for a safer car, not the convertible. The more steel and airbags, the better.

Comment

Make/model discussion aside, I would say a hearty "hell no!" to either of those mustangs.
                    The vert with the engine bay pictures in black & white? Red flag! Even in b&w, I could see some major corrosion on all of the aluminum components.
                    The coupe, well, it sure does have a lot of "doo-dads" on it. There's bound to be neon on it somewhere. The alarm looks like it was wired up by a blind, drunk spider monkey.
                    Tell her if she wants a vert, wait till she's 18 and she can put her top down all she likes (see what I did there? ). There are plenty of cool, sporty, SAFE cars out there in that price range to choose from.
                    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Internet Dads agree: no mustangs for our daughters.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
                        She's on her third car and is 16?
                        No no, 3rd car. Wait, first car she's paying for. Oh wait, her dad wants to spend $5k on it... well fuck.
                        Originally posted by davbrucas
                        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

My first car at 16 was a 4 cylinder LX that would only screech the tires if I dropped the clutch from 4 grand or so. I loved that car, and was happy to have it.

Does she HAVE to have a Mustang? Wants and needs are two very different things. Perhaps if she had a "lesser" car she would be inclined to get the good grades and be the type of daughter that deserves something better.

Comment

Working...
                          X