A good stop with a LEO .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good stop with a LEO .

With all the bad press the LEO's get everyday I just wanted to throw this out there . I got stopped last night in Kennendale right by the track while driving my Bronco and pulling my empty car trailer . The lights on my trailer were not working and the officer pulled me to let me know . He was polite and didn't cop a tude when I didn't have an up to date insurance card right away ( I did find one while he was running my licence ) . He complimented me on my Bronco and said "you don't see one of these every day" , and was overall very profesional . He said " Its odd to see a TX adress on a FL licence " and we made some small talk about work and stuff . I appreciate a guy doing his job the right way (I have had some messy contacts in the past) , and not trying to puff up . It might have been that I am all legal and didn't act like an asshat myself but all in all it was a good interaction . No tickets , just told me to drive with the hazards on and off I went .
    Big Rooster Racing

Originally posted by dumpycapri85 View Post
    With all the bad press the LEO's get everyday I just wanted to throw this out there . I got stopped last night in Kennendale right by the track while driving my Bronco and pulling my empty car trailer . The lights on my trailer were not working and the officer pulled me to let me know . He was polite and didn't cop a tude when I didn't have an up to date insurance card right away ( I did find one while he was running my licence ) . He complimented me on my Bronco and said "you don't see one of these every day" , and was overall very profesional . He said " Its odd to see a TX adress on a FL licence " and we made some small talk about work and stuff . I appreciate a guy doing his job the right way (I have had some messy contacts in the past) , and not trying to puff up . It might have been that I am all legal and didn't act like an asshat myself but all in all it was a good interaction . No tickets , just told me to drive with the hazards on and off I went .
    that simple and yet most folks cant do it.
    thread/

Comment

I consider the large frequency I get clocked for doing 10mph or over the speed limit and not getting stopped to be a good LEO experience.

Comment

It was also like 10:30 pm and I was not halling ass or drunk . That might have helped to .
        Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_sep View Post
          that simple and yet most folks cant do it.
          thread/
          Though I do agree, not having tail lights is not legal, or he wouldn't have been stopped in the first place. The cop was cool for not ticketing him though.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
            Though I do agree, not having tail lights is not legal, or he wouldn't have been stopped in the first place. The cop was cool for not ticketing him though.
            I can't find the statute right off hand, but if I remember right, if you have a trailer like a low-boy and your vehicle tail lights are visible, it isn't necessary to have functioning tail lights.

Even if I'm wrong, I won't cite anyone like this, but I will let them know.

Comment

You could see my lights and I have reflective tape all around it . It was more thet he was respectful and polite and this suprised me . Come to think of it thats kinda sad .
              Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Ftp!!
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                  I can't find the statute right off hand, but if I remember right, if you have a trailer like a low-boy and your vehicle tail lights are visible, it isn't necessary to have functioning tail lights.

Even if I'm wrong, I won't cite anyone like this, but I will let them know.
                  I would hope it would need something, even if just a marker light. My trailer's tail is 18ft behind my truck, that could suprise someone at night if all they can see is my truck lights.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_sep View Post
                    thread/
                    does this ever actually end a thread?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                      Ftp!!
                      Find The Police? LOL I tried... Police FTW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                        Find The Police? LOL I tried... Police FTW!!!
                        I wish I would have had the swat helmet on when he stopped me . LOL
                        Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Come to think of it thats kinda sad .
                          I guess I've been lucky, I've had nothing but good/respectful experiences with LEO, from getting caught drinking as a teen, to running with the lights off (as a teen) on the way to 4th of July at the lake. Got a speeding ticket for the second, and had to pour it out for the former.

As an adult the two speeding tickets that I got were deserved, and the officer was respectful as was I. One of my less than shining moments was when I passed out at an ATM, and after getting out through the passenger side at 6am and blowing a .09, I was asked to drive straight home.

There are shitty people in every profession, but for the most part people that are treated with respect will give you the same.

Comment

You think if Steve would have been with you this thread would have read the same? You know like the Chris Rock videos. MWahahah I bet you dropped Tanners name so many times Tanners ears were ringing. I can here it now, how you work on all these cop's cars all over the metroplex . LOL
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                              You think if Steve would have been with you this thread would have read the same? You know like the Chris Rock videos. MWahahah I bet you dropped Tanners name so many times Tanners ears were ringing. I can here it now, how you work on all these cop's cars all over the metroplex . LOL
                              I didn't drop Tanner's but I said I knew you and he said " O , that pansy ass mall cop " ! LOL .
                              Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Working...
                              X