Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mustangs more popular in some geographical areas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustangs more popular in some geographical areas?

I had to travel to Ohio this past week for work. I flew into Detroit and then drove about an hour south just south of Toledo to Perrsyburgh, OH. I crossed paths with SEVERAL VERY clean foxbody specimens. One was a super clean coupe that wasn't overly modified or anything. Just super clean. I thought it maybe was a DPS model that they were trying to simulate, but as I got closer it was just a clean ass stock looking coupe. I saw another LX Hatch that was very clean. I realized that most of the foxes I just run across in TX these days are whored out, beaten up and most look like ass. Where's the foxbody Mecca in the US?

I'm surprised. Around here, all Mustangs I've seen are all rusted out, and the nice ones you do see are stored I'm sure for 9 months of the year. The roads get horrible with salt and ash when it snows.

Comment

i thought it was in garland

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
        I'm surprised. Around here, all Mustangs I've seen are all rusted out, and the nice ones you do see are stored I'm sure for 9 months of the year. The roads get horrible with salt and ash when it snows.
        This. If you saw a clean one, it was on a nice day. They take that shit seriously up here.
        Last edited by YALE; 06-13-2011, 08:29 PM.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I can't speak to where the mecca would be, but of course the Mustang has a bigger following in some areas than others. Just like supercars are a bit more prevalent in SoCal and parts of Florida.

I would think that, as mentioned above, the weather would have more an affect on the survivability of older cars, as well as the number of days a year that you'd see them on the road.

Comment

I am in Northern Kentucky / Southern Ohio area. I have looked at countless Mustangs and Camaros here. A majority of them look great going down the road, but the underside, fender lips and subframes look like swiss cheese up close.

Very difficult to find a clean foxbody someone is selling around here.

Not many "exotics" here either. I have only seen 1 Viper, 1 Lambo and 1 Ferrari. The Ferrari and Lambo are the same person I believe.

Comment

I think that can be said for a lot of cars.

Comment

There are tons of nice foxbodys in South Florida .
                Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Originally posted by dumpycapri85 View Post
                  Probably due to their lack of emission laws. Some states are more mod friendly than others making easily modified cars more attractive.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
                    Probably due to their lack of emission laws. Some states are more mod friendly than others making easily modified cars more attractive.
                    I think the same , thats why four of my cars have FL. plates . LOL
                    Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Originally posted by dumpycapri85 View Post
                      I was about to say the same. Even in north coastal florida. Ahhh, reminds me of cruising A1A Beachfront ave.

Comment

I grew up there . Steeda , Mustang Specialties , UPR and a bunch of other shops in spitting distance . My personal shop was 1/2 a mile from Steeda in Pompano .
                        Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                          I was about to say the same. Even in north coastal florida. Ahhh, reminds me of cruising A1A Beachfront ave.
                          <insert Rolling Stones rip-off sample>

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                            <insert Rolling Stones rip-off sample>
                            I thought it was a Queen sample?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue88Coupe View Post
                              I thought it was a Queen sample?
                              I could be wrong, but it was either the Stones or David Bowie.

Comment

Working...
                              X