B.S. Out of State Tickets...(LEOs???)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B.S. Out of State Tickets...(LEOs???)

so i got some bullshit tickets in new castle, pa. how do i know they are bullshit? research and the help of a local dps trooper. i was advised to get an attorney in new castle that could go to court for me. after talking to an attorney today, he informed me that if i want to contest these tickets, i physically have to show up for the hearing...

so i have 5 tickets totalling $2500. the lawyer will cost $500. i will have to pay for a plane ticket to fly to pittsburgh and then rent a car to drive to new castle. i will have to pay for a hotel...

all because i was in a revenue-based jurisdiction in the wrong place at the wrong time. the local cop saw texas tags and started salivating. he hemmed me up for two hours and threw the book at me. a book that he apparantly isn't too knowledgeable about...

FUCK!!!

Originally posted by TonyMCev View Post
    so i got some bullshit tickets in new castle, pa. how do i know they are bullshit? research and the help of a local dps trooper. i was advised to get an attorney in new castle that could go to court for me. after talking to an attorney today, he informed me that if i want to contest these tickets, i physically have to show up for the hearing...

so i have 5 tickets totalling $2500. the lawyer will cost $500. i will have to pay for a plane ticket to fly to pittsburgh and then rent a car to drive to new castle. i will have to pay for a hotel...

all because i was in a revenue-based jurisdiction in the wrong place at the wrong time. the local cop saw texas tags and started salivating. he hemmed me up for two hours and threw the book at me. a book that he apparantly isn't too knowledgeable about...

FUCK!!!
    5 tickets?

Comment

stop breaking the law in other states and you wont have this problem

and i am sure a texas dps officer is going to know the laws and such in Pennsylvania.
      sigpic

Comment

What did he write you tickets for?

Comment

Originally posted by crooner View Post
          5 tickets?
          i am a subcontractor. i use my F-250 to pull a 30ft bumper pull trailer all over the country. i am working a contract for amerigas installing propane cages at dollar general stores. we are registered with USDOT and follow the same regulations as a big rig trucking company. here are the tickets that i got...

1) not having a cdl (bs, because i am nowhere near 26,001 lbs.)

2) truck gvwr not matching trailer gvwr (bs, this is a pa law for vehicles registered in pa only)

3) log book violations (bs, once i got to pa, i am no longer required to keep a log book, as i am working intrastate)

4) dot numbers not displayed on my truck (legit ticket)

5) no fire extinguisher (legit ticket)

Comment

Originally posted by jefehbk View Post
            stop breaking the law in other states and you wont have this problem

and i am sure a texas dps officer is going to know the laws and such in Pennsylvania.
            i fall under federal dot regulations. a texas dps trooper that drives a tahoe is a dot trooper. he knows...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyMCev View Post
              i fall under federal dot regulations. a texas dps trooper that drives a tahoe is a dot trooper. he knows...
              of course your first post did not reference anything to do with commercial work. you made it sound like you got a speeding ticket or something to do with a personal nature. if its to do with commerical driving and such that would have changed everything.
              sigpic

Comment

If you dont plan on being in pa, fuck em.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                  If you dont plan on being in pa, fuck em.
                  Unfortunately PA shares a ticket database with TX. If you don't pay your tickets in PA, you can't renew your license in TX, and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                    Unfortunately PA shares a ticket database with TX. If you don't pay your tickets in PA, you can't renew your license in TX, and vice versa.
                    exactly. i looked into this option too, because i damn sure didn't plan on going back. but now i have to go back and deal with this.

Comment

Be like this guy and make a PSA on your BS tickets.

Start @ 1.20
                      2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

2011 GMC Terrain SLT2

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2

Comment

that is pretty funny. what i am gonna do in the courtroom, after it is all done, is ask if i can address the court and have a speech prepared about revenue generating cops targeting out of state people.

they were hoping i would mail in a check and be done with it...

Comment

Originally posted by hunt4m3x View Post
                          be like this guy and make a psa on your bs tickets.

start @ 1.20
                          lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

That cop probably remembered the old Texas motto:

Drive like hell and freeze a Yankee!
                            Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

man that fucking sucks

Comment

Working...
                              X