Shopping Electricity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping Electricity

I've been happy with Stream for a couple of years now. I always do a 6 month fixed rate and their prices seem to have been in line with everyone else listed on powertochoose.org. My 6 months is up in August, and I was just informed that they no longer offer a 6 month option, so I would have to lock in for 12 months at the currently higher summer rate. If I knew I could change it again in 6 months if the rates go down, that would be cool, but as it stands, I would be stuck with renewals every year during the summer when the rates are at their peak. Fuck that. They are offering 8.9 cents per kwh. I wouldn't mind getting into a longer term fixed rate if I can find one under 8 cents per kwh (I am currently paying 7.8).

Any specific recommendations?

pennywise has 12 month @ 7.9 (8.2 average cost @ 1k)

Comment

Power to Choose is the official, unbiased, electric choice website of the Public Utility Commission of Texas, where all certified electric providers in the State of Texas are eligible to post their electric plans. On the Power to Choose website you can compare electric offers and choose the plan that's right for you.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
        Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

powertochoose.org!
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Amigo has been good, even customer service wise.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
              Did you copy and paste that from my original post, you dork?

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                Did you copy and paste that from my original post, you dork?
                No, he added the "www" to help you find it.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
                  No, he added the "www" to help you find it.
                  So helpful!

Comment

OK, so I have been w/TXU for about 12 years and am now paying 12 cents per KWH, but I see that pennywise has a 8 cent fixed up. Do I just call TXU and tell them to cancle me and then call pennywise and sign up? How do I do this so that I do not get a drop in service?

TYIA!

Comment

Originally posted by fredfarmer View Post
                      OK, so I have been w/TXU for about 12 years and am now paying 12 cents per KWH, but I see that pennywise has a 8 cent fixed up. Do I just call TXU and tell them to cancle me and then call pennywise and sign up? How do I do this so that I do not get a drop in service?

TYIA!
                      Sign up thru pennywise and they will handle the transfer. Involving TXU is unnecessary and will probably get your power cut off.

Comment

Working...
                      X