Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone been bitten by a Brown Recluse spider?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of our locations had those bastards in it and several of our employees were bitten. I would suggest you find a doctor that knows what he/she is doing and stick to what ever regimen they prescribe. And when I say he/she I mean he. Good luck!

Comment

regimen

Comment

got this from wiki

It is estimated that 80% of reported brown recluse bites may be misdiagnosed.

Comment

We have had 2 people at work get bit. One has a hole in his leg were it happend. The other spent 2 weeks in the icu.
          Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
            And you didn't ask how long this process takes to the Doctor but DFWMustangs instead? Would you ask your local bag boy how to perform hip replacement surgery?
            Dr.s dont know shit unless they are DFWM Dr's.
            Photobucket

Comment

I have, when I was about 13. Was in hospital for seven days. I got bit on my toe. Foot and leg swelled half way up my lower leg. Painful as all hell and the treatment was ten times worse.
              --carlos

sigpic

Comment

i got bit in my leg, didnt think much of it for a while till it got sooo painful that i couldn't take it any more, it looked like a big ass pimple that i kept popping and squeezing the puss out of it, i finally went to the doctor about a week after i got bit and he cut my leg open and squeezed all the shit out then put a long piece of gauze in it with some needle noses
                (hurt like a bitch since he didn't numb my leg or anything)

Originally posted by DOHCTR
                You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

pus

Comment

wow another attention whore thread

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                      wow another attention whore thread
                      Quit your bitchin!!

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                        Quit your bitchin!!

Comment

bad news with those, I'd get a second opinion. If it's a brown recluse bite they will have to remove the dead tissue or it will continue to eat away. I've heard several stories where they lanced the wound, cleaned it out, and packed it full of gauze. It's not something to mess around with.

Comment

If it hurts it probably wasnt a brown recluse. The bite kills the nerves

Comment

You sure its not just a boil??
                              Originally posted by talisman
                              I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                              Originally posted by AdamLX
                              If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                              Because fuck you, that's why
                              Originally posted by 80coupe
                              nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                              Originally posted by Rick Modena
                              ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                              Originally posted by Jester
                              Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                                If it hurts it probably wasnt a brown recluse. The bite kills the nerves
                                Initially, the bite may feel like a pinprick or go unnoticed. Some may not be aware of the bite for 2 to 8 hours. Others feel a stinging sensation followed by intense pain. Infrequently, some victims experience general systemic reactions that may include restlessness, generalized itching, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, or shock. A small white blister usually initially rises at the bite site surrounded by a swollen area. The affected area enlarges and becomes red, and the tissue is hard to the touch for some time. The lesion from a brown recluse spider bite is a dry, blue-gray or blue-white, irregular sinking patch with ragged edges and surrounding redness--termed the "red, white, and blue sign." The lesion usually is 1½ inches by 2¾ inches or smaller. Characteristics of a bite are further discussed at http://www.amednews.com/free/hlsa0805.

The bite of the brown recluse spider can result in a painful, deep wound that takes a long time to heal. Fatalities are extremely rare, but bites are most dangerous to young children, the elderly, and those in poor physical condition. When there is a severe reaction to the bite, the site can erupt into a "volcano lesion" (a hole in the flesh due to damaged, gangrenous tissue). The open wound may range from the size of an adult's thumbnail to the span of a hand. The dead tissue gradually sloughs away, exposing underlying tissues. The sunken, ulcerating sore may heal slowly up to 6 to 8 weeks. Full recovery may take several months and scarring may remain.
                                Photobucket

Comment

Working...
                                X