Anybody see the channel 4 story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
    Quotas are illegal, and so are reviews based on "performance indicators" (because it's just another way to encourage quotas).

There is a two stop per day expectation out of my chain of command at work, but there is no pressure to write tickets.

My philosophy is to stop someone for their illegal behavior, but they usually only get cited if they don't have DL/Insurance. Those two are a "must have" for me.

If I have to have it, so do you. And I sure don't want you hitting me without insurance.
    Well put sir well put
    99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
    going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

im sure there arent any quotas but those who bring in the most money for the city will be rewarded with the $58 an hour pay and plenty of hours. many industries take care of those who stretch the law in order to bring in more profit. the police are no different its a money making business and those who bring in the cash will be rewarded

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post

If I have to have it, so do you. And I sure don't want you hitting me without insurance.
        Matt, as much shit as I give you I really do like your thought process most of the time. That being said I wish this mindset worked in reverse.

Comment

I don't have a quota. I can write as many tickets as I want to.

Comment

Originally posted by FastFord19 View Post
            Gonna win the blender this month?:biggrin:
            2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

A Plano cop told me in the middle of the month they post up a list with who has issued the most citations. From top to bottom. He says, it makes cops wanna keep up with the majority of the group, the ones that are slacking.

Comment

It was put to me as a SHIFT AVERAGE is what is expected.

I recondition headlights on most cars for $50.00. If interested shoot me a pm.

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
                  im sure there arent any quotas but those who bring in the most money for the city will be rewarded with the $58 an hour pay and plenty of hours. many industries take care of those who stretch the law in order to bring in more profit. the police are no different its a money making business and those who bring in the cash will be rewarded
                  I'm glad this isn't the norm. There is a touch of truth to this matter, if you are a slacker, you sure aren't going to work OT on STEP details.

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                  Matt, as much shit as I give you I really do like your thought process most of the time. That being said I wish this mindset worked in reverse.
                  I signed up for as much shit as I could handle the moment I let the cat out of the bag. I was around for several years before I started posting and my verbiage and knowledge of the subject made it to where I came out of the "closet".

Originally posted by FastFord19 View Post
                  I've used that one before.

Originally posted by GT Fanatic View Post
                  A Plano cop told me in the middle of the month they post up a list with who has issued the most citations. From top to bottom. He says, it makes cops wanna keep up with the majority of the group, the ones that are slacking.
                  This is a bullshit practice. For most veteran officers, they don't give a shit where they stand in stats. I'd rather have my officers out there catching the "bad guys" but in between the reports, you still need to enforce traffic.

Most arrests occur on traffic stops.

Comment

OKC wants their officers making 8 contacts a day. That means nothing about writing tickets, but that said if you're not making them money on a traffic/motorcycle beat, chances are they're moving your ass to patrol and making someone else find them their $.

Comment

Well Rockwall is making their quota with me. Fuckers pulled me over for going 5 mph over. REALLY, If you take that kind of money in. FIX THE FUCKING ROADS IN THAT DAMN COUNTY & I might actually be doing 10 over if it was safe
                      GOD BLESS TEXAS
                      August Landscaping
                      214-779-7278
                      Seb's high class.
                      He'll mow your grass.
                      He'll kick your ass.
                      And while his kidney stones pass,
                      He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

No "quota" where I work. My chief could care less about tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
                          No "quota" where I work. My chief could care less about tickets.
                          But I bet his boss (aka city council) DO care about tickets.

Comment

Working...
                          X