Anybody see the channel 4 story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody see the channel 4 story

About cops and quotas? Ask any cop and they will deny any quotas, but that story showed an officer being suspended for 3 months for not making quota.
    Can someone help me find the story

I believe it

Comment

What I have been told regarding quotas by a cop is that they do not have quotas for tickets. They do however, have quotas for "personal contacts" that they need to meet.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
        What I have been told regarding quotas by a cop is that they do not have quotas for tickets. They do however, have quotas for "personal contacts" that they need to meet.

Quotas for tickets is illegal in Texas bud!

Comment

Originally posted by MILK View Post
          Quotas for tickets is illegal in Texas bud!
          Right. A personal contact isn't necessarily handing out a citation.

Comment

Mehh, is it time to make the donuts yet?

Comment

got another "personal contact" with one of Manvel's finest a few days ago. I love being middle aged and having a perfect driving record
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

My buddy is a cop for a local jurisdiction, and I've asked him about this. Basically, the way he puts it, there aren't quota's, but just like any job, they are subject to reviews, and promotions etc. are based on their performance. They track in their computers calls they respond to, traffic stops, patrol time etc.

They can't just sit around if they aren't on a call, and need to be working traffic, patrolling etc. He doesn't exclusively work traffic though, and generally only gives tickets for registration/inspection no insurance etc. so he doesn't have to go to court over traffic shit.

Comment

Safest place is always Shipleys!

Comment

They can't have "quotas", but they can be given "encouragement" to hand out more tickets. I'm sure his supirior/s let him/her know they needed to be a little busier.
                    2014 GT
                    2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

It's the same as any salary job. "Are you worth what were paying you?" there are more than enough lawbreakers for any cop to make their quota. It's the slacker cops that are probably out there being douches because it's been brought to their attention that their quotas aren't being met so they go into asshole mode.
                      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by jakesford View Post
                        My buddy is a cop for a local jurisdiction, and I've asked him about this. Basically, the way he puts it, there aren't quota's, but just like any job, they are subject to reviews, and promotions etc. are based on their performance. They track in their computers calls they respond to, traffic stops, patrol time etc.

They can't just sit around if they aren't on a call, and need to be working traffic, patrolling etc. He doesn't exclusively work traffic though, and generally only gives tickets for registration/inspection no insurance etc. so he doesn't have to go to court over traffic shit.
                        This is along the lines of what I've been told. My brother is a Hurst policeman and my sister a Garland policewoman...Guess which one works harder and is paid less. :tongue:

Comment

Quotas are illegal, and so are reviews based on "performance indicators" (because it's just another way to encourage quotas).

There is a two stop per day expectation out of my chain of command at work, but there is no pressure to write tickets.

My philosophy is to stop someone for their illegal behavior, but they usually only get cited if they don't have DL/Insurance. Those two are a "must have" for me.

If I have to have it, so do you. And I sure don't want you hitting me without insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by jakesford View Post
                            so he doesn't have to go to court over traffic shit.
                            I thought they didn't have to show up anymore?
                            Originally posted by mutherjuggz
                            That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                              Quotas are illegal, and so are reviews based on "performance indicators" (because it's just another way to encourage quotas).

There is a two stop per day expectation out of my chain of command at work, but there is no pressure to write tickets.

My philosophy is to stop someone for their illegal behavior, but they usually only get cited if they don't have DL/Insurance. Those two are a "must have" for me.

If I have to have it, so do you. And I sure don't want you hitting me without insurance.
                              you're one of the good ones, but we all know that's the exception according to everyone on the board! meanwhile, as it stands, I've gotten more warnings in my life than I've gotten citations, and I got a LOT of citations when I was a kid
                              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Working...
                              X