Decent Jeep XJ on Craigslist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its useful and has a purpose.

If your going over a gulch or creek with a flat rock, it can and will ride on the bumper instead of getting you stuck in a hole, and most importantly if your coming down a steep grade and the jeep tries to flip, the bumper wont let it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chvyblzr1972 View Post
      And why am I a dumbass, because I don't like jeeps for off roading?
      If you don't like them for off-roading, you're an idiot. That's a pretty quick and easy deduction. It shows you don't know much about offroading, or jeeps...and you're ignorant.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
        If you don't like them for off-roading, you're an idiot. That's a pretty quick and easy deduction. It shows you don't know much about offroading, or jeeps...and you're ignorant.
        I know a lot about offroading. I have done it all my life. In the Mojave Desert, Sierra Nevada Mountains, good fun places. I have never owned a jeep like a CJ or an YJ anything like that. The experience I have is anytime we would go out with people that owned a jeep they would break down. Maybe those owners didn't know what the hell they were doing. Just seemed that the person who had the jeep would be towned out, usually by my blazer or by one of the FJ40's that were on the trip. Gave me a negative look on jeeps. My wife has a patriot and thats a good little daily.

Comment

I know a lot about offroading. I have done it all my life. In the Mojave Desert, Sierra Nevada Mountains, good fun places. I have never owned a jeep like a CJ or an YJ anything like that. The experience I have is anytime we would go out with people that owned a jeep they would break down. Maybe those owners didn't know what the hell they were doing. Just seemed that the person who had the jeep would be towned out, usually by my blazer or by one of the FJ40's that were on the trip. Gave me a negative look on jeeps. My wife has a patriot and thats a good little daily.
          Yep your ignorant. You obviously wheel with complete rednecks with cheaply thrown together chevy trucks and the jeeps you speak of are probably more redneck engineered heaps.

Jeeps are so unreliable my neighbor has a 41 willeys that still runs and drives and he take it out every weekend. Crappy jeep huh

Comment

Originally posted by Stunter Bob View Post
            Yep your ignorant. You obviously wheel with complete rednecks with cheaply thrown together chevy trucks and the jeeps you speak of are probably more redneck engineered heaps.

Jeeps are so unreliable my neighbor has a 41 willeys that still runs and drives and he take it out every weekend. Crappy jeep huh

Yep cause you know all.

Comment

Yep cause you know all.
              I know everything, that I know!

Comment

I would put a CJ, YJ, or TJ with a 4.0L against any full size GM 4x4 in terms of reliability any day. It's one of the best engines ever conceived. I would even volunteer it to be one of if not the best engine america ever produced in terms of reliability. As for drivetrain, they run dana axles - I don't see where the perceived problem lies. I hardly ever seen one break down, and the only time I have it was a broken axle, which could be driven out. My only experience with K5's and full size chevrolets is them getting stuck or unable to ascend sometime due to their weight, nothing to do with their reliability or quality, but laughable in comparison to agility.

excellent example of how unreliable and break down prone jeep's are:

Last edited by CJ; 06-09-2011, 11:50 AM.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

How about some pictures of the Blazer from those trips?

Comment

I'll never forget the time I had to pull a Chevy half-ton off a trail with my Samurai when he snapped an axle in the rear 10 bolt in a tight spot, then snapped an inner axle in the front 10 bolt trying to get out. Talk about a fucked up deal.

Stevo
                    Originally posted by SSMAN
                    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                      I would put a CJ, YJ, or TJ with a 4.0L against any full size GM 4x4 in terms of reliability any day. It's one of the best engines ever conceived. I would even volunteer it to be one of if not the best engine america ever produced in terms of reliability. As for drivetrain, they run dana axles - I don't see where the perceived problem lies. I hardly ever seen one break down, and the only time I have it was a broken axle, which could be driven out. My only experience with K5's and full size chevrolets is them getting stuck or unable to ascend sometime due to their weight, nothing to do with their reliability or quality, but laughable in comparison to agility.

excellent example of how unreliable and break down prone jeep's are:

Damn. Hey couldn't kill that thing, it just kept coming back for more!

Comment

Im sold its got FO FIVE SIXES

Comment

More $$ than sense in the video. Poor jeep haha

Comment

Working...
                          X