No announcement yet.

Legoland for kiddo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been wanting to check out the original Legolang here in SoCal and re-live a fond memory of my youth, but I've been told that it really is mostly kid oriented, other than everything being made out of legos. If that's the case I'd rather buy one of their more complex models and build it.

Comment

Took my kid to Legoland on Sunday. Had a great time however it does get packed in the afternoon. Earlier the better. They opened at 11a.m and got there at noon. Wasn't bad. By 2p.m. it was pretty packed. After 3 hours my kiddo was worn out. Definately sensory overload for a young one but he had a blast.

The 4D show was alot of fun. My kid spent most of the time on the Build and Race section. You build a car then race it against other kid's cars (kinda boy scout pine wood derby thing.) We built, wreck and rebuilt lots legos cars.

Place is great for toddlers to 10 year olds. Order tickets online and get there early. Great way to beat the heat.
      Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
        Took my kid to Legoland on Sunday. Had a great time however it does get packed in the afternoon. Earlier the better. They opened at 11a.m and got there at noon. Wasn't bad. By 2p.m. it was pretty packed. After 3 hours my kiddo was worn out. Definately sensory overload for a young one but he had a blast.

The 4D show was alot of fun. My kid spent most of the time on the Build and Race section. You build a car then race it against other kid's cars (kinda boy scout pine wood derby thing.) We built, wreck and rebuilt lots legos cars.

Place is great for toddlers to 10 year olds. Order tickets online and get there early. Great way to beat the heat.
        sweet. thanks for the info. Somehow Jr came home with a pamplhet for legoland and was telling me how cool it looked and that he needs to go there. i might try to take him during the week in hopes of avoiding crowds.

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I really need a kid so I can go without other people staring at me..

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
            I really need a kid so I can go without other people staring at me..
            yeah I found myself building my own car....then looked around and lots of adults were having fun building also.
            Murph

Comment

this would be a great place to take my boys, especially since they are big into legos right now.

Comment

I was going to take my daughter to the new one in Grapevine Mills mall a few weeks ago but it looked like a madhouse and was about an hour wait to get in.
                Do the rides and stuff cost extra or are they included with admission/purchse of a ticket?

Comment

I didn't even know it existed in USA... Ill be going to the one in Windsor, by MYSELF.
                  First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Lego and for kids? Fuck that! Legoland for me!
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                      Lego and for kids? Fuck that! Legoland for me!

Comment

Originally posted by SVTNorthTexas View Post
                        I was going to take my daughter to the new one in Grapevine Mills mall a few weeks ago but it looked like a madhouse and was about an hour wait to get in.
                        Do the rides and stuff cost extra or are they included with admission/purchse of a ticket?
                        The admission covers everything. They have a cafe inside. Prices are typical of what you expect.

It does get busy. Got there before church rush yesterday and walked right to counter. Helps and goes faster purchasing tickets online. You slot in a time for arrival that helps process the line faster.

If you get there within an hour of opening life will be more enjoyable.

btw: saw that they are putting in an aquarium for people to go through across from Legoland slated to open in July. It has replaced the Stars ice hockey rink. Took hockey lessons there years ago. Was a nice rink.
                        Murph

Comment

Originally posted by SVTNorthTexas View Post
                          The thread title is, "Legoland for kiddo," and I felt the need to voice my disagreement with that concept, and submit an alternate.
                          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                            The thread title is, "Legoland for kiddo," and I felt the need to voice my disagreement with that concept, and submit an alternate.
                            Sorry, I thought I had an understanding of what you were trying to say. The way you typed it made it hard to understand.

*Edit on that note; maybe it's just me. It is Monday afterall.

Comment

We went up to the mall yesterday and saw it and had every intnetions of going till we saw ticket prices, that was INSANE. $20 per adult and $15 for every kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                                We went up to the mall yesterday and saw it and had every intnetions of going till we saw ticket prices, that was INSANE. $20 per adult and $15 for every kid.
                                Tickets are $16.15 per adult and $12.75 per child if you purchase online.

Kiddos under 3 years are free so got my boy in at no cost.

Not cheap but something to do to beat the heat. We could have stayed longer but my kid hit his max and needed a nap. They rotate the 4D movies and I wanted to see another movie but the little feller ran out of gas.
                                Murph

Comment

Working...
                                X