No announcement yet.

Fed. Gov‘t SWAT Team Busts Down Man’s Door Over Estranged Wife’s Student Loans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fed. Gov‘t SWAT Team Busts Down Man’s Door Over Estranged Wife’s Student Loans

Fucking bullshit.

You may want to go make sure your federal government student loans are in good order right now. That’s because, as a Stockton, CA mean just learned, the federal government will bust down your door to get its money. Or even the door of your estranged spouse.

Kenneth Wright was home with his three children early Tuesday morning. He hadn’t even gotten dressed for the day yet, and was still in his boxers. That’s when he looked outside and got a surprise.

“I look out of my window and I see 15 police officers,” Wright told News10. Then, the SWAT team busted down his door, allegedly grabbed him by the neck and put him in a police car for six hours, and even roused his children (ages 3,7, and 11) out of bed.

But there’s just one problem. The police weren’t after Wright. They were after his estranged wife. Not surprisingly, they didn’t find her:

To add insult to injury, officers put a large, clunky board over the hole they created in the door and said it was fixed.

“The hole is the least of my worries,” Wright said.

News10 has more:

Wright said he later went to the mayor and Stockton Police Department, but the City of Stockton had nothing to do with Wright’s search warrant.

The U.S. Department of Education issued the search and called in the S.W.A.T for his wife’s defaulted student loans.

“They busted down my door for this,” Wright said. “It wasn’t even me.”

According to the Department of Education’s Office of the Inspector General, the case can’t be discussed publicly until it is closed, but a spokesperson did confirm that the department did issue the search warrant at Wright’s home.

The Office of the Inspector General has a law enforcement branch of federal agents that carry out search warrants and investigations.

Stockton Police Department said it was asked by federal agents to provide one officer and one patrol car just for a police presence when carrying out the search warrant.

Stockton police did not participate in breaking Wright’s door, handcuffing him, or searching his home.

Damn!! Times are hard these days, pay up!! Even the govt. is tryin to get theirs!
    Big Rooster Racing
    85' Coupe
    sigpic

Comment

I heard they were playin this song when they pulled up....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD7_Xl-41Mg
      Big Rooster Racing
      85' Coupe
      sigpic

Comment

How the fuck do you justify breakin down someones door and detaining them for 7 hrs over a fucking student loan?
        G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
          How the fuck do you justify breakin down someones door and detaining a person who isn't even the individual you are looking for,for 7 hrs over a fucking student loan?
          fixed

Comment

Can someone explain to me what the warrant was for? Was it an arrest warrant for the woman, because it doesn't say that in the article.

Stevo
            Originally posted by SSMAN
            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

I would own those bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon88 View Post
                I would own those bastards.
                X2 and I would rename the place "Big Al's ass kickin' n law enforcing service"
                Originally posted by Nash B.
                Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

That must be a real bitch to yell when you're busting through the door.

"UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION breath SEARCH WARRANT!!!"

So...if they broke down the door surely they were armed in the typical military get up, right?

Seems REALLY excessive and weird for a student loan. You're dealing with an educated person not a gun wielding criminal.
                  US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Hilarious. And people wonder why I am completely against this nonsense. At least these idiots didn't have one of their guns go off or accidently kill a fucking kid.
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
                      That must be a real bitch to yell when you're busting through the door.

"UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION breath SEARCH WARRANT!!!"

So...if they broke down the door surely they were armed in the typical military get up, right?

Seems REALLY excessive and weird for a student loan. You're dealing with an educated person not a gun wielding criminal.
                      Common sense has no place here. Don't question, don't judge. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Fall in line, or you are next.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

This is odd. What are they going to do? Put you in jail till you pay up? Waste of tax dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
                          This is odd. What are they going to do? Put you in jail till you pay up? Waste of tax dollars.
                          This is what I was thinking. I mean, what are they searching for? It doesn't say it was an arrest warrant.

Stevo
                          Originally posted by SSMAN
                          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Un fucking believable.

Comment

I'll bet now more mother fokkers start paying up!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X