Delta Airlines charges soldiers for bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
    It's only 5 years later and I'm still getting paid for E-5. My pay after taxes is $2075.00 per pay period, and I'm on shore duty, so I don't get sea pay. I think your number is a little short.
    Just pulled out my last LES, $1341.27 after taxes was my last check.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Base Pay 2620.20
      BAS 325.04
      BAH 1500.00
      Submarine pay 275.00

total deductions 556.67

total take home at end of month 4163.57

I'm a married E-5 (as far as pay goes for now) over 6 years of service. I just don't see that big of a difference in 6 years. Unless you are just talking one pay period, and just base pay.
      04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
      There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Here is a link to the fy2005 pay scale, and an E-6 over 12 BASE PAY before any allowances was $2779.20.

04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
        There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Holy shit, military pay has doubled since I got out in 1999...

<-- W2'd the following:

1996 $8,083 (starting E1, single)
          1997 $12,288 (up to E3, married in Nov)
          1998 $14,082 (E3/E4, deployed to Kuwait for 6mo)

Yes, married with one dependent (step son) and deployed overseas (with hazard pay) I W2'd $14,082 for the year.

By my calculations, that's far below minimum wage.

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
            Here is a link to the fy2005 pay scale, and an E-6 over 12 BASE PAY before any allowances was $2779.20.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/milit...5enbasepay.htm
            I did most of my last 2 years at sea and wasn't collecting BAH or BAS most of the time, just sea pay. The amount I quoted was for one pay period, so double that would be $2682.54 (net).

Oh, and back to the original topic, Delta has "changed" the baggage allowance to 4 bags.
            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Delta's customer service sucks out loud. I wouldn't be surprised if the counter person was just having a bad day, and decided to stick it to someone.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

So basically they were never allowed to bags but delta was kid enough to respond to their bitching and change policy?

And you're right...I'm not in the forces. I got a degree and worked my ass off to get where I am. The government is much better off paying me to develop systems than having me sit aroun in a sand box.

And that pay sounds pretty damn good...especially without college degrees and little bills.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                  So basically they were never allowed to bags but delta was kid enough to respond to their bitching and change policy?

And you're right...I'm not in the forces. I got a degree and worked my ass off to get where I am. The government is much better off paying me to develop systems than having me sit aroun in a sand box.

And that pay sounds pretty damn good...especially without college degrees and little bills.
                  That right there is a mighty presumption.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

This post wreaks of arrogance.

Comment

Was it policy or agreed upon in the contract? I did not watch the video yet, but I do know that all soldiers want to do is get home after being deployed for however long. Something was screwed up.

What makes you so sure they don't have degrees? I knew/know plenty of enlisted with degrees who serve for personal reasons. Some do end up in OCS or Warrant school. Some chose not to do either, but to assume they don't have degrees is dumb.
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Sounds like an Obama nuthugger has defiled this thread.....

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                          Sounds like an Obama nuthugger has defiled this thread.....
                          Who was the guy in canada that played the bass and everyone was always bagging on him about his political views?
                          G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                            Who was the guy in canada that played the bass and everyone was always bagging on him about his political views?
                            "Gpamp" or something something close to that

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                              Was it policy or agreed upon in the contract? I did not watch the video yet, but I do know that all soldiers want to do is get home after being deployed for however long. Something was screwed up.

What makes you so sure they don't have degrees? I knew/know plenty of enlisted with degrees who serve for personal reasons. Some do end up in OCS or Warrant school. Some chose not to do either, but to assume they don't have degrees is dumb.
                              I was referring to the Soldiers who don't make "much" I considering finances were the whole point of this...context clues man. The soldiers I know with degrees claim to make more than me after all is said an done.

I still don't know what was agreed upon, but my whole point is that raising a huge stink about a fee that soldiers will be refunded is stupid. If they really are allowed 4 bags the government will get delta hardcore.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                                The King?

Comment

Working...
                                X