X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
    TCB

god bless.
    TCB....doing what Elvis wanted, when he wanted it done, and in record time.

At least that's how I remeber it. We need a lightning bolt symbol for emphasis.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
      I used to get tickets, but don't do that anymore because for one the state jacked up the fine levels to ridiculous levels. My license comes up for renewal in a few months, so I'll find out then if the last time I took defensive driving to erase a ticket was ever actually processed by the municipality where the offense occurred.
      Well you should have received a certificate of completion. One copy for the court and one copy for your insurance company. You need to send those in to have it applied to your record.

Regarding not knowing about license suspension or ticket dismissal errors, wouldn't your auto insurance carrier let you know in short order that something was amiss when your policy renewal comes up?
      Mine only knew something was up when I called and told them about the defensive driving. They then told me about the SR-22 and I had to mail them the receipt from the defensive driving course. I also asked them if I was eligible for a discount since I had taken defensive driving (most companies will give you a discount) but since it was court ordered I was not eligible...sucks
      Originally posted by Sean88gt
      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
      Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Have had both occur in the past. A simple appearance at the municipal courthouse (Arlington BTW) resolved the issue with a dismissal.
        This is actually up to the prosecutor as to whether they want to waive the fine. They do not have to since you were in violation at the time of offense. Consider yourself lucky.
        You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
        You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
          Well you should have received a certificate of completion. One copy for the court and one copy for your insurance company. You need to send those in to have it applied to your record.
          Done and done. There is never any guarantee though that court personnel will correctly process your paperwork.

Originally posted by GTracer
          Mine only knew something was up when I called and told them about the defensive driving. They then told me about the SR-22 and I had to mail them the receipt from the defensive driving course. I also asked them if I was eligible for a discount since I had taken defensive driving (most companies will give you a discount) but since it was court ordered I was not eligible...sucks
          Yeah it's odd taking defensive driving to dismiss a violation and then using same to get an insurance discount, but I've done so several times.

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
          This is actually up to the prosecutor as to whether they want to waive the fine. They do not have to since you were in violation at the time of offense. Consider yourself lucky.
          True, I went prepared to pay the fine but my charming personality and politeness won over the court.

Comment

True, I went prepared to pay the fine but my charming personality and politeness won over the court.
            I am sure this is what it was..

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              As for the auto insurance - you'd think so, but in my case, that never happened. I mean, it's really not their responsibility and i dont fault them one bit. This was all on me. However, I'd have thought they run a check each time you are up for renewal. And hell, maybe they did. But they didn't notify me of anything (not that I expect a notice). I'd have thought they would have cancelled my policy on the spot. Go figure.
              No, they'll just wait until you have a claim and say you never had coverage. If you never do have one then they keep taking your money. It is a win-win for them.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Originally posted by racrguy
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
              X